Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Week Three at the MTC for ME

Familia,

I love you so much!! I'm just writing a letter of gratitude and thanks.  You guys are helping me beyond belief out here. Your daily letters always make me so happy.  I absolutely love this place.  It is the greatest experience I have ever encountered, and ever will.  I find out a lot about myself everyday.  I thank you all so much for supporting me, and for loving me unconditionally, I truly feel it.  I think every member should have to spend at least 3 weeks in the MTC, this place is incredible. You learn so much.  I absolutely love my teacher Hermana Plowman, she is so amazing.  She is so energetic and excited about this work that I can hardly wait to get to class.  She sincerely cares and helps me personally.  My faith has been tested here, but has truly been strengthened.  I've learned to believe, although sometimes it's hard, I know God is with me.

When I was at the temple this week I saw Austin, Landon, Karson, BJ, and JM.  Tears instantly came to my eyes because I hadn't seen them all together since college.  Almost all of them are in the MTC now and Landon just got his call to Paraguay.  I can't believe we are all missionaries now.

So, yes my ear still hurts.  I went to the ENT again and he said there was still a hole in it and that I need to get it checked again when I'm 3 weeks into the field.  He printed a picture of the hole so that the Dr. in New Jersey could see if it was getting smaller.  I'm pretty sure it will heal, but if it doesn't he said it's an hour surgery to fix it and I'd be out a week.

I've started the Book of Mormon over again, so I can know for myself it is a true book.  It has been a struggle to read and understand all of it, but I am learning and understand it more and more every day.  My prayers have become so sincere and I have been asking so many questions.  I feel like it is a blessing though that I am starting over because I am learning so much for myself and about myself.  Look up the mormon message called "The Will of God" it is So GOOD!  My new favorite quote that I am starting to believe is "My God is not a distant God".  It's hard to believe sometimes, but I know in my heart he is with me always.  I believe in Christ. Every day I kneel morning and night before my Heavenly Father and give thanks for this opportunity to be a servant of my Savior, Jesus Christ.  As I prepare each day in the MTC not only for my mission, I prepare for the rest of my life.  I am building a foundation of faith in my Savior so that i can build off of it for the rest of my life. I know that everything I do now is preparing me for something else I do in life. I came in with little knowledge or faith in this church, but let me tell you my faith and knowledge have grown immensely.  There are days that I feel completely inadequate to this call, but like mom keeps reminding me I am called of God.  This work is true, my faith is growing, and my testimony is being built every day.

Love
Hermana Jorgensen Dos

Ps.  Thanks to Momma Jo and Huxfords for the great graduation pics of Tanner and Braize.  They are so thoughtful to send them to me, it brightened my day.  Grandma Jorgensen wrote me and how sweet she is, always thinking about praying for others! Bailey's I love the letters, Aunt Kim yours touched my heart. Grandma Sharon thank you for your support.  Honey's I adore you all, I love the candy.


Elder Eldredge, Hermana Jorgensen, Elder Mcallister




MTC fun


We are still having fun while learning.


My zone at the temple.


Hermana Miterian and me.


Some of the hermanas from my mission.


Picinic on P-day


I love my companion.








I saw Ben, he's now one of us MTC people.


All the college missionaries.
1

No comments:

Post a Comment