Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Exchanges with Sister Duke and a blast from the past

August 18, 2014

soo sorry there isn't much time to write because sister duke got permission from our leaders and they said it was okay if we went on a mini exchange because SAMMY AND SERGIO CAME TO SEE USSSS!!!I CRIED. I LOVE THEM. I seriously would die for this family. literally best p day ever. they came and we all went out to eat, and then we went to play soccer together. literally I'm crying. Sergio is getting baptized. Sammy hasn't drank in 4 months.. what? it was the most surreal thing ever. they drove 2 hours just to come and see us for like 4 hours. they are seriously like family. 

Things are going good with Byron, he is progressing but you know that there is a lot of time that has to take place before he can get baptized... President Crane will come in 2 weeks to interview him again to get ready to send everything to the Prophet.. soo yeah just pray. I sure love that guy.

Its been a dream to see sister duke! I love her. its weird to think that I had to come all the way to new jersey just to find my best friend! I adore her!

Julia Frazier.. adorable. I'm so sad I missed it. but it looked very classic, simple, and so Julia!(Julia Jeppsen got married in August.)

My companion and I are doing great! We are doing work here in Union City! We are trying hard to find people, its kind of hard but the work must go on! Weve been doing a lot of service. Trying to act as Jesus would, preach, love and serve! Im starting to get a little antsy and nervous thinking that this whole mission thing is coming to the end, but im trying to stay focused, and just lost in the work! 
Anyways sorry super lame, but I have to go! Emails next week will be better.. I hope! We have a mission softball game next week so I don't know if I will email..


anyways I love you all. really if you have the chance I invite you to read the talk the first commandment by Jeffery r Holland. it makes you really want to change.

"To which Jesus responded (and here again I acknowledge my non scriptural elaboration), perhaps saying something like: “Then Peter, why are you here? Why are we back on this same shore, by these same nets, having this same conversation? Wasn’t it obvious then and isn’t it obvious now that if I want fish, I can get fish? What I need, Peter, are disciples—and I need them forever. I need someone to feed my sheep and save my lambs. I need someone to preach my gospel and defend my faith. I need someone who loves me, truly, truly loves me, and loves what our Father in Heaven has commissioned me to do. Ours is not a feeble message. It is not a fleeting task. It is not hapless; it is not hopeless; it is not to be consigned to the ash heap of history. It is the work of Almighty God, and it is to change the world. So, Peter, for the second and presumably the last time, I am asking you to leave all this and to go teach and testify, labor and serve loyally until the day in which they will do to you exactly what they did to me.”


I love that paragraph. it made me really think. Jesus doesn't need money, doesn't need fancy things, He doesn't need anything but DISCIPLES... and He needs them forever. And here I stand as a literal representative of Him, with the honor of wearing his name on my heart knowing that when I return that the discipleship doesn't end for me. NOR DOES IT FOR YOU! share the Gospel, feed His sheep, and be His disciple the rest of your lives. I love you all really you are my Sunshine's.

love Hermana Jorgensen xoxxx



we make these for our members! hahah we are trying to get them to love us!




I LOVE SAMMY Y SERGIO.




:))))) Sammy serigio. and sister duke.

No comments:

Post a Comment