Friday, July 26, 2013

First transfer but I stay in Garfield


July 22, 2013


Well i feel like i just talked to yall just a little bit ago, but i don't mind :) first things first :) i didn't get transferred so i am still in Garfield, well passaic but I'm living in Garfield! So send everything there and it will get to me faster! DAD i got your post card... I CRIED! I LOVED IT!! THOSE MAKE MY WHOLE WEEKS! Thursday was transfer planning/cleaning, and weekly planning so that was a day where i just stayed in ALL DAY! and we just planned and cleaned! 

 Friday was literally the HOTTEST DAY OF MY EXISTENCE ON EARTH. 111 degrees with 100 humidity, well seriously just our luck that at 2 o clock the member fed us the HOTTEST soup and the HOTTEST spaghetti dish... Me and my comp. were just dripping sweat through out all of the meal.. like it was embarrassing and unreal! NO ONE HAS AIR CONDITIONING!! but the day was good, i had to go on splits with the English sister cause sister m. is sick, and it was good i contacted someone and taught them a lesson right on the street!! it was cool! 

The elders asked me that night to speak at a baptism the next day... OH Gosh i was so nervous!!! The next day is Sunday! WELL i woke up and tried preparing some of my talk, meaning not only preparing it in English, but ALSO translating it in Spanish! GOSHHH IT IS SO HARD! But church went okay, i felt sick through out it but i knew i needed to give a talk so i just stuck it out! Well the baptism was great, i never felt the spirit so strong.. As i saw this guy Mitchell who i had never met before, but i saw him get in the water and he was getting baptized i just cried because holy cow it means so much to me now. It is amazing how much a mission changes someone, and like there out look on the gospel and how much everything truly starts to mean to me. But as he was changing one of the members asked if i would get up and speak for like a few minutes to pass time... IN SPANISH!!!! i was SO NERVOUS!!!!!! i just bore my testimony, ended up crying, and i know they couldn't understand a word of it but whatever! hahah then right after when he got back i gave my talk about the holy ghost in Spanish :) The Spirit was strong and he was so excited to be baptized i loved it! Funny part though.. after me and my comp went up to him and said congrats and he straight up HUGGED US!!!! We literally stood there and the elders like ran towards him and was like Mitchell no you can not hug!!! They had to like push him back!! It was so funny!!!  I laughed! haha Sunday just kept getting better. So me and sister Atkinson went out and did contacting, you all know i hate contacting, well i myself contacted 16 different people! In those 16 different people i got rejected 6 times, contacted someone while she was on the phone, contacted someone literally right after he threw up, contacted 4 guys smoking, who then asked me if i could go out and party with them later.. it was weird we were all the same age, i contacted people from Poland and Macedonia.. i don't know how to spell that but i also went out of my way and crossed the street to contact the rudest lady of my life!!! I JUST MADE IT A GOAL THAT I WOULDN'T PASS ANYONE WITHOUT TALKING TO THEM! and guess what I DID IT!! I actually don't mind contacting.  BUT SUNDAY WAS GREAT! I am great, i am missing you all, but loving it here :) i love every single one of you! Cant wait for my package! I HAVE THE BEST FAMILY IN THE WORLD!!!

ps- oh my gosh Jon is home I loved seeing pictures of HIM AND MITCHY!! im so glad he looks happy! I sure love my Lyon family, send them my love and tell jonny HOLA AMIGO!!!

Okay love you all!!!

Hermana Dos Jorgensen

the girls i live with, expect for the girl on in the pink skirt cause she just came to visit she was a missionary here 8 months ago!

just having fun :) i haven't seen my knee caps in 3 months!! woahh!! 

this is sister Atkinson btw, she is a month younger than me, she is great!


 And my first district leader on the far side! Elder Boyer he is a great HUMBLE missionary




No comments:

Post a Comment