Tuesday, January 14, 2014

New Year's resolutions

December 30, 2013

WELLLLLL this week! woooo hooooo! Christmas is over! I loved the season  but also hated it! We had so many activities and reasons to not do missionary work it drove me NUTS! Honestly I thought it would be this fun great holiday season with a little break...and that is exactly what I didn't want!

It was so great to talk to everyone over Skype!  I was so happy!  Chirstmas was different this year! I liked it but not enough to say that I will ever spend another one away! It was cool though. We had a wonderful lesson with the Percinos who we spent Christmas with.  They are from Mexico and have not been back to church in 14 years until I came to this area! Ive seen miracles with them! We taught about the Saviors birth.. of course :) We read in Luke. We all took turns and then sang silent night. I have never really felt the spirit as strong as a I did when we left the house.

 Its interesting being out 8 months. You are kind of over the whole standing out from the crowd and looking foolish cause you are dressed WAY modest and people can just tell you are different. I worried so long in the beginning of my mission about being myself, about being not like all the other missionaries. At times I feel like I put aside my calling and tried to do things my way. I have loved being companions with Sister Daniels. She is honestly my closest companion out here. Its been hard because we are both kind of followers. We don't want to be the party pooper and tell the other one when it is wrong or shouldn't do that. Its not like we were being disobedient but we surely have let things slide like being to casual in lessons, or getting home 10 minutes late. SOOO finally we decided that we wanted to be better, that we needed to be exactly obedient. So we read this purification talk. I'm sure Lexi has read it actually yeah she sent it to me hahah But we decided to do it. We gave up 12 things that "poke at our spirit" Things that don't really invite the spirit. For example, a few of mine are "chewing gum in public" not allowed, seems harmless but its been hard for me! Another is "Language of the World" like no saying bro or dude.. that's a hard one because the word dude just finds its way in my conversation with my companion all the time! And the one I am truly focusing on is "Not speaking negatively about anyone." Those are just a few but those are things that I know if I can over come that the Lord will bless me for. So we fasted for 24 hours because we need the extra strength from the Lord. We are not going to do any of the things that are on the list for 40 days.. until the 5th of February.  2nd day into it and let me tell you I don't think I have ever desired gum so much in my life or saying the word dude or all the things that I have decided to leave behind... ITS BE HARD! SATAN DOESN'T WANT ME TO BE BETTER! And I hate it! I have started to come to realize that this mission only comes once in your life. Considering I hit my half way mark in a month and Lexi is coming home in 6 months it has shown me how fast this mission really flies. I kept saying I want a new comp that I can train so I can set the standard of obedience and do what is right without being scared to say something. But I was so kindly reminded by Him that I need to set the standard of obedience because I know what is right. When I get home it will only get harder. Things will come up that will be harder to face at home then out here and I need to learn now that standing up for what is right is exactly what I need to do regardless what others say. The Lord will bless you more when you show your love for him through exact obedience.

I was wondering do you guys have a preach my gospel at home? I'm sure you do since you are such the little missionaries! Go to page 129 and it is an evaluation of your Christlike Attributes. Instead of doing the self evaluate there are scriptures right next to all of the little lines. Go through and read them! Observe and look at how the prophets, the people and the Savior Jesus Christ have shown us the way to incorporate more of our Saviors qualities!
I know that this is the true church. I know that Jesus is The Christ. The only one that could do the Fathers Will. I have been changed by Him. I love my mission. I love my Heavenly Father for so kindly pressing the thought on my mind to serve a mission! I honestly cant tell you why I came out here on a mission.. What got me out here I have no idea. But I can tell you that I am staying on my mission because I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father who sent His son Jesus Christ to redeem our immortal beings to be able to return to live with Him again someday, and everyone needs to know this. May God bless you in your endeavors this week! Always praying for you and thinking about you!

love. Hermana Jorgensen xoxx



A member is wearing the shirt I got for Christmas! I gave them all to her! 

beautiful sunset! 

opening my pajamas 

 soccer on Christmas with the Percinos


 Malpartidos! great family! 

                          me and my comp goin out for our walkin day!



No comments:

Post a Comment