Sunday, February 9, 2014

Let the gospel change you

January 6, 2014

This week has been good! Transfers happened and guess what.. I'm still here! Jersey Shore forever! Do I love it? Umm yeahh it is getting better! Maybe just not that much because I don't know maybe its like 8 DEGREES HERE! yeah what? One  day it is 51 degrees.. like today and the next day it is like 8... like tomorrow.. sooo yeah I'M AWESOME! I LOVE COLD WEATHER.. not. Ask me where I'm living the rest of my life... California or Nevada or Arizona! Not a chance I'm moving somewhere where it snows or rains... I hate it all! give me those rayyyyysss :) ANYWAYS! I'm sure you want to know how my week went.. and you all already know how much I LOVE to email.. NOT. But I will because yeah cause that's just what I know you all want..

This week was good! Our New Year resolutions are harder than ever to say the least! But we are trying hard! Satan really wants us... I wont lie I don't think I've ever felt so wanted by someone my whole life than now! KIDDING! My heart is locked : But Really! So lets just get to what I really want to write. This week I had the opportunity to go on an exchange with another Sister Missionary! She is called a Sister Training Leader.. So kind of a zone leader for the sisters but definitely doesn't have the priesthood and not as important hahah BUT I went! She came here with me and I was in charge of the area! We went and visited this Family The Castillos? I feel like I have told you about them. Well the mom is the one that we brought roses to because she went through the temple alone. Well I kind of warned Hermana Jane (from Mexico) about the Dad! We get in there and we teach the restoration and through out the whole thing the Dad is asking the most obscure and off topic questions like "Why do we have the 3 Nephites?" "Do you know them?" "Why did Jesus Christ suffer on the cross?" "Why do we have fighting chapters in the Book Of Mormon?" Like they are good questions but they have NOTHING to do with the lesson. He just stares at his ipad and also when he asks them he kind of smirks and knows that he is throwing our whole lesson off.. Like weirdly enough the spirit leaves.. maybe because I get frustrated or I just give up. But that didn't happen this time! Sister Jane like wouldn't take those comments she was just like well you know what right now we are talking about the restoration but I will gladly answer those questions later for you. She didn't even tell him the answers she made him look them up in the Book Of Mormon! He was kind of like uhhhh... just kind of mad! But anyways what I am getting at is the things that I have learned from that. Well 1. the spirit was SO strong. I don't think I have ever taught where the spirit just was consistently there. After leaving the lesson I just felt so.. content I don't even know how to explain it. 2. The second thing I learned is that honestly you can find every answer to any problem in the BOOK OF MORMON! Like why I didn't read it before when I had problems.. I DON'T KNOW! Why people go and pay millions of dollars to get help from therapists when they could just read the Book Of Mormon for free.. I will never understand! It was so refreshing to go on the exchange though.. I learned so much. I honestly learn so much out here everyday its like overwhelming to even begin to tell you what and how much I have learned.


Yesterday we sang in sacrament because there is Elder who is leaving to go home on Wednesday he had no idea we were going to sing it and sister daniels, elder wilcox, elder galvez and I sang God Be With You Till We Meet Again. Let me tell you standing up there singing and looking down at him just  BAWL made me choke up and think holy cow I do not want to leave! It is HARD here. It is so HARD. But it is worth it. Every second it is worth it. This is the best decision that I have ever made in my life. I now have a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know this is the Lords Church, I have learned how to live the way He would want me to. There is a quote by Bonnie L. Oscarson that I love. "The conversion is more than merely having knowledge of Gospel principles and implies even more than just having a testimony of these principles. It is possible to have a testimony of the Gospel without living it. Being truly converted means we are acting upon what we believe and allowing it to create "a mighty change in us, or in our heart's!" I know what she says is true! Until you really start letting the Gospel change who you are and become as the person that the Savior has planned for you to be, then you aren't truly converted! LET THIS GOSPEL CHANGE YOU. I love you all.


Love: Hermana Jorgensen xoxx


ps- i can play come thou font on the guitar.. mhmmmmm :)



1. me in an igloo! 2. its a world class joke here that "jorgie" likes to eat a lot so they gave me ALL of there fruit... with a red bow :) hahha

No comments:

Post a Comment