Monday, September 16, 2013

It rained and poured here


September 16, 2013

Hola family! This past week has been good! Not a lot happened just the same old same old! I went to Ellis island this past week and met someone from HENDERSON! You KNOW I flipped... hahah I almost had a cow I was so happy... I'm not fortunate enough like Lexi to be having EVERYONE AND THEIR DOGS VISIT HER! hahaha so when I find someone that lives remotely close I just lose it! 


 i saw this weird hover helicopter thought of pres and dad :)


 It rained like crazy here on Thursday why? oh cause it was WALKING DAY. yeahhh worst.. We started walking to an appt. and it just down poured so hard it was actually UNSAFE! We tried calling 4 members to come get us cause we were actually stuck because it flooded so bad so fast... We ended up taking our shoes off and running very unsafe but we made it home. We weren't supposed to but we had to use the car to get to an appt. cause there was no other way to get to their house, it was sweet karma because my companion rolled my fingers up in the window... YEAH OW! don't worry I'm okay :) Its starting to get cold here... I HATE IT!



  We went to a members house, the BRAVOS from Mexico, seriously my favorite family in the branch, and we made tortillas with her! She reminds me of aunt Arlene so much! Where exactly is aunt Arlene from? what city? We also got a referral from her! So now we have a new investigator her friend! She is like 24 and has 5 kids.... WHAT?!! insane! But we went and taught a lesson with hermana bravo to her friend and it went well! It might be a struggle to get them to church cause she has 5 kids and the husband is non existent at the time. Well he is there but we don't know exactly anything about him! 

 I love my companion, she is great! She is helping me a lot with Spanish, some days I feel like it comes, and others I'm just like I CANT DO THIS! But I am getting it! I understand it way more than I speak it! 

 I have been learning a lot lately! Just like about the gospel in general. Something that really sticks out to me is you just cant be good in this world anymore, you HAVE to be the BEST. You cant just go to church because you know you should, you shouldn't just read the scriptures because you have to and so on and so on, but you HAVE to go to church with real intent of asking for forgiveness during the sacrament, you HAVE to study your scriptures.. like STUDY them. Learn from them and apply them to your life because just going through the actions of the gospel will get you no where if you don't have a real intent while doing them. That is just a little thing that I have learned out here, something that clearly i got called unto repentance for. hahah I emailed Brooke markie and makenna and told them that, I kind of went all spiritual on them and called them unto repentance.. hahah hey its what we do as missionaries :) 

 GOOD SPENCER IS GETTING MARRIED!! I was starting to get a little nervous, like maybe i needed to extend my mission and give him more time! hahah kidding! She looks adorable :) You tell him CONGRATS! Aubsie sounds like she is just livin large and lovin life! Pressy sounds like he is just killin it in tennis, bubba im proud of you for not playing on Sunday. You will become 10 times better for not! DAD your knee... im so sorry! I guess thats what happens when you start getting old... I'm mean hello you are almost 49... Which in reality is almost 50!!!!! OH PS CANT WAIT FOR YOUR 50TH BIRTHDAY DAD! YOU KNOW ILL BE HOME :) wouldn't wanna miss that party for the world... haha MOM you sound busy still sheesh take a break lex and i are gone just RELAX little lady! I miss everyone very much, think about you constantly but sure wouldn't change where i am at right now for the world! I hope you all have a great week! Hey, this gospel is true :)

love. Hermana Jorgensen Dos (always the second) xoxx.

me and my district :) 

sweet dominican lady knitted this for me.. haha I NEVER KKOW WHAT SHE IS SAYING. EVER



No comments:

Post a Comment