Thursday, September 26, 2013

Smashed platanos and luke warm salami!


September 23, 2013

For every corner there is a church.. for every church there is a Dunkin donuts... for every dunkin donuts there is a person (who eats the donuts)... for every person there are GEESE. and this my beloved family is what I call NEW JERSEY! Any one wanna come and stay for a year and a half?!  JK I love it! But i will not lie there is an uncontrollable about of donut eating people, churches, and geese! hahah 

This week has been good! It is terrible COLD in the mornings! Getting a little nervous cause then i cant run so how will I work out but... oh well I guess.. Its like where was fall? Non existent in the East Coast! haha Goodness I have funny stories but none that I believe are worth sharing! 

 This week I just had the privilege to work with a lot of members and do service! On Saturday we had the opportunity to pick up trash from all around and a lot of the missionaries came, Evan Traasdahl was there and BRADEN! soooo goood to see them! Every time I see them I get a little taken back because I mean I have been here from almost 5 months not seeing anyone I know and then its like WHOAH hey Braden! just on my mission and there is my friend.. haha WE LOVE IT! Also I got to see sister Larsen man do i miss her... SHE WAS GREAT! 

Sunday was great it was district conference in English and Spanish.. weirdest thing of my entire life!! haha having translators... super weird! But it was great! There are 14 full time missionaries in this branch and we all got up and sang with the primary "i hope they call me on a mission" in Spanish and English and as well we got to sing with the youth "we are as the army of Helaman" and I'm not gonna lie i started tearing up during that song because there was such a spirit in that room as we sang that. It was very cool to me because everyone hopes or wants or waits to go on their mission... and i am here! I am A MISSIONARY! President Jeppson wrote all of us and said , " i have sung in the Tabernacle choir for numerous years and have felt the spirit there, but there is no spirit like the one i felt when the Lords missionaries were singing those songs." It was true! I loved it! After I sat down next to this member in my ward, Kat, whom i love with all my heart. She helps me so much! Shes like 26 and has been a member for 3 years! But i sat down and she leaned over to me and said, " i promised myself i wouldn't get attached to anymore missionaries because it is so hard when they leave, but sister jorgs, i am going to cry when you leave. You will leave a hole in my heart that no one can fill...." I JUST DIED! It started to make me really sad to think that i could get transferred.. in 2 months hahah... but i could get transferred and it is just showing me how much I really love the people out here...  

Sorry such a short week but hey I love you all.  Anyways I'm doing great. You all sound like you are just loving life and enjoying it all, especially you dad, stop having so much fun :) kidding! bubba and baby... i miss you guys... i love you all! Stay spiritually strong! Fight off Satan.. Man if i've learned anything out here i have learned that SATAN IS REAL! but we can withstand his temptations.. as Stevo Montgomery would say, " Get thee hence Satan."hahah I never forget when he said that! LOVE YOU ALL!! xoxxx



smashed platanos... a whole plate full.. with luke warm salami.. 


me picking weeds! Me, Kat, Nahommy, and i forget the other girls name :) haha




me and elder welburn, and me and my comp and the elders in my branch!






1 comment: