Sunday, December 8, 2013

It's getting cold!

November 14, 2013





YAY! emailing! late.. sorry! Holiday Monday.. dads birthday :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY BTW! then Tuesday interview with the mission president and then Wednesday my comp had the flu! but Thursday I'm on :)

Thank you SOOO much for your conversion story dad.. just cried reading it... and then reread it like 10 times and every time before i go to bed.. not lying! haha can you just believe it I AM FAMOUS! Mom that's cool that sister Johnson gave you a copy of the News.  I didn't know i was going to be on there and one day we were at a members house and I asked to borrow there ipad to look up a talk she clicked on the news and next thing you know i see liberty island something so i clicked it and BOOM ME!!! i just DIED! haha the member just laughed cause I couldn't believe i was so famous!

I was going through all of our investigators that we have and out of the 7 investigators.. 6 of them are from different countries! They are all from Cuba, Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras, Columbia, and the Dominican Republic! cool huh?! Everyone has a different accent its hard to adjust to them!

Hazmin and her littler sister come out tracting with us.. yes shes six.. yes we hold hands as we go.. and YES everyone shuts the doors in our faces... one time i plain out said RUDE! and my comp hit me cause i shouldn't say that hahah but the people are just MEAN!

Its been ever so cold here! A member on Monday did mine and sister Garns nails for free! And then I went shopping with Kat and Gus :) (not everyday you go shopping with your first counselor of your branch) hahah Kat's sister works at jc penny so i got a discount! There was a jacket for 200 dollars and it was on sale for 100 dollars and then Kat's sister got me 30 more dollars off! SO i spent 70 dollars on a 200 dollar jacket :) I just felt wonderful! I bought 2 other skirts from Marshall's with some of the extra money! I have a lot left over but I'm waiting to see if i need to buy more scarfs or stuff like that!  DONT KNOW WHAT IM GOING TO DO IN WINTER! I tried running in place one morning inside... LOST MY MIND! haha i hope you can just imagine me saying this!

Spiritual note. I finished the BOM 2 days ago for the second time :) yeah its true :) I'm in 1st nephi 16 already! Its crazy how fast I've been going through it, but how much i am truly learning. President said something interesting to me. He said sister Jorgensen are you really a missionary? or are you just doing missionary things? WELL you better believe i left thinking heck am i a missionary or am i just doing missionary things? ( he said it to everyone and says it every time but this time just hit me) SO now I'm working on being a missionary. I'm done worry about MY relationship with God and Jesus Christ, I'm working on bringing OTHERS to a perfect relationship with their Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ. There is always something to change being out here on your mission. I feel as if I am never living up to what God truly sees me as. But I am trying.. Everyday is hard work and I'm tried. BUT I am thankful that I came on my mission and was given this opportunity to notice that I need to change and allow my Heavenly Father to sculpt me into the person he had created before i came to mortality. If i was at home i would have never realized that i need to change everyday into what HE wants me to be instead of what the WORLD wants me to be. God lives. He loves us. He has created us. We need to stop being selfish and repent, allow Him to mold us into that precious child He want us to be. This Gospel is true. There could  be nothing more important in this world than to live it everyday. i love you guys. ill talk to you Monday :)

ps- can you believe i just wrote all those spiritual thoughts? haha who would of thunk maybe i am changing a little :) hahah




leaves! 




i gave out dads little southwest packets :) they LOVED THEM!



jersey strong :) my jacket! my nails!



me and my comp doing weekly planning in a cafe :)

me and isabel tracting! Sister Garn, Hazmin, and isable and i! love those girls :)



No comments:

Post a Comment