Sunday, December 8, 2013

I've been transferred - Here's my new address

November 25, 2013

I'M GETTING TRANSFERRED! STOP SENDING ME LETTER AND PACKAGES TO THAT ADDRESS! My new address is:

Hermana Ashlyn Jorgensen
1769 Raleigh Ct. W. 31B
Ocean, New Jersey 07712


This week... hmm thank you grandma and grandpa jorgensen for the package.. I LOVED IT! As well as Lori and Millie, it just made my life! This week has been good. Just did everything the same here, ya know missionary work. Well It was starting to become the end of the week and EVERYONE like all the missionaries were like you are definitely out of here, you are going to get transferred. So i started getting a little sad, but then I was just like nahhh I will have faith and stay! BUT sometimes you just have a feeling if you are going to leave, that usually means you are going to leave! So Thursday morning my companion got a call from president jeppson and he asked her if she would train a new missionary! SO... that means I am for sure getting transferred! So, Friday morning she had to go to a meeting in Morrison. That meant that I did an exchange with a  sister missionary who only spoke English. Her name is sister gaihe. She's from the Philippians! I was super nervous because 1 she is super quiet and it would be awkward and then 2 literally no one is going to help me with this lesson because she doesn't speak Spanish! Well, she came and we were just sitting in our house doing studies, and she is SUPER quiet. So i just started to talk to her, she told me how both of her parents died, shes paying for herself to be out here, and she is the only member in her family.. I seriously just LOVE her. I don't know why but I just absolutely love her. We went and taught the investigator victor, and I talked all by myself! hahah He is going to be baptized in 3 weeks! YAY! I wont be here.. but that's okay! I truly saw the Lords help during this lesson, and the Lord showing me how to love!

 So Saturday night we had a branch dinner for thanksgiving! A mariachi band showed up! hahah IT WAS SO FUN! Gosh it was great this branch i LOVE THEM. It comes Sunday and I was getting a little sad. The branch Presidente asked me to get up and share my testimony... UHHH i cant speak Spanish!! But i did it! At the end I looked at my favorite members hermana bravo and hazmen.. and they are both crying.. so then oh of course i just LOSE it! I just start crying and then I hurry and finish up! So I was saying my goodbyes to the members and after church we went to la Familia Bravos for "the last supper" as I'd like to call it :) haha And we all had tamales! I shared morni 7:46-48 with them and told them how grateful i was for the love that they showed me. The true charity! Then after we took some pictures.. and i was like well.. i gotta go, and right when i said that hermana bravo (the mom) (my literal favorite member ever) just turns around and starts crying.. We hugged and I was like slowly walking away but she wouldn't look at me she just sat and cried in her husbands arms.. it honestly BROKE my heart! So then later that night we took Hazmen (that young woman that i love)  as a team up for the last time to see Edwin our investigator.  After we were dropping her off and i got out of the car to hug her and she just started crying and hugging me.. She just couldn't stop saying thank you... SO then after we left and we went home. We did some nightly planning and then I went into a room where I can say my prayers out loud and I sat on my knees and thought about what I was going to report back to the Lord. I knew I was going to ask Him why He sent me to Passaic and why I didn't baptize anyone.. I feel like I had no purpose there.. Then I started my prayer and right when I was about to ask I started crying instantly.. I am so incredibly sad to leave this area. I LOVE the members and I love my companion, and I love the area. I knew right then I was sent here to be able to learn how to love. Through these members and my past companions, i have been able to feel the love of the Savior. I didn't think that it would be hard leaving or switching areas, but honestly it has been very hard for me. Everyone always says out here that you can not serve a mission if you do not love the people. I LOVE the people I serve. I know the Lord knew that I would be going through a hard 6 beginning months in my mission. The only thing that has gotten me through so far is from the love that I feel from you guys, from my mission president, my companions, these members, and the love I have for them. My trial in the beginning 6 months was hard, add onto that I didn't baptize anyone. BUT I am content with how I feel. I feel my Savior's love. I love this work. I love this church. I love the members of Passaic. I am nervous to leave but I know everything will be alright! The Savior has it all under control! 

Well I forgot my water bottle at The Bravos house and so I had to go back today.. awkward right I already said bye... But i went back and gave them a letter and a picture to Hermana Bravo. So we were there for 5 minutes and I gave her the picture, and she just stared at me... Then started bawling again and just hugged me.. :( This time i cried in front of her and told her that it would all be okay! She said she knows but it is really hard for her... ughhh broke my heart!) They have only been members for 3 years! They are AMAZING. I promised her I'd be back to visit next November! So I already made plans I'm coming back in November!  I told her I'd bring my family! Hermana Bravo is honestly the sweetest, nicest, greatest person I have been privileged to know. Its hard to explain how much I love her over email, or our relationship, but let me just tell you family she took care of me out here. 

 Now I'm just packing up today and then tonight I'm going to Newark to do the FEAR BUSTER for the brand new missionaries! The brand new missionaries get taken straight to the heart of Newark right after they step off the plane and we go contacting with them! It will be fun but COLD!  I'm excited! I'M DOING GREAT! I love this mission business! I'm getting fat, its getting cold, but I LOVE THE LORD. i love you guys.


Gonna miss this girl.


The great Bravo family.



Goodbye to Hazmen :(


My great companion.


No comments:

Post a Comment