Friday, November 1, 2013

FALL HAS ARRIVED


October 16,2013

sooo SORRY I couldn't email this week on Monday because it was Christopher Columbus day... LAME! I KNOW! But its okay :) Here's my story for the week, so sorry that they aren't as spiritual as Lexi's. I cant seem to find that here, in Jersey, the apostles don't just frolic here in dirty jerz like they do in the promise land :) haha I wish I was kidding but I'm not! ANYWAYS


So lets just get it over with.. the awkward days of missionary work! SO we have a less active, named Marth. SUPER LESS ACTIVE. So we get call from her on Wednesday night and she says hey can you and the elders come over so they can give a blessing. We were like oh yeah, thinking this is just great she is asking for a blessing using the priesthood like yes!! Well we had to arrange it with the elders to come over, because they couldn't come in the house without another man because she just lives with her 2 daughters. So, they call it a "team up"(they have to have other men assist), and then they had to ask President if it was okay to drive that day because it is technically our "walking day" . But President said it was okay. So we show up, Me and Sister Garn, to her house and we ring the doorbell... no answer.. We see the elders "team up" pull up but no elders. So we ring again and no answer. We called her and asked her where she was and she said, "Oh I'm at work, and i won't be home but that's okay cause the blessing is for Priscilla..." seriously Priscilla is her 22 years old daughter who I have "taught" before and she has NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER. I was kind of like hmm that's weird but okay. So Abby (her youngest daughter who is a member) comes and gets the door and it is just awkward cause she doesn't understand why we are there.. We told her the elders were coming to give Priscilla a blessing (who has a cyst on her neck that the doctors don't know what it is) She said okay come in... So we came in and Priscilla was in the kitchen cooking and saw us and was like uhh.. hi? We were like HI?  Your mom said you needed or wanted a blessing? She was like umm I have no idea what you are talking about... So she goes back in the kitchen and just leaves us awkwardly sitting in her living room (which is right by the kitchen) and I over heard her call her mom. She was like, "Mom why did you do this? I hate your religion. I don't even like the missionaries. And then some swear words were streamed into her yelling.. haha Then she started rambling in Spanish and yeah.. AWKWARD! So the elders finally show up and they were like hey! So we are here to give you a blessing! And I had text them before they arrived and told them everything that happened so they came in and were like Okay... Priscilla You need a blessing? Were you sick or something? She was like yeah I don't know why my mom asked you to come I just had the flu thats it.. When she said that I was about to be like NO YOU LIAR! YOU HAVE A CYST STOP MAKING YOUR MOM LOOK BAD! Anyways long story short She denied the blessing and we just taught her about the Book Of Mormon... And we asked her about faith and the bible and what she believes. To make this long story short she said.. "The Bible is like a fairytale. Its just full of stories and fairy tales, and love stuff and dumb stuff and you can make it what you want." .... hmmm not exactly but whatever! I mean I've never read the whole Bible but I sure as heck know it isn't a fairy tale book...  Then we asked her if she had any religion or beliefs and she was like ya know I have been really studying religion and I think I'm gonna go into Buddhism... None of us knew what to say... hahah Sorry this is so long BUT needless to say this lesson was a DISASTER! We had a "team up" with us and everything... SO AWKWARD! My comp and I are going back there tonight for the first time so this could be interesting! 

We had transfers yesterday and umm can we just get a moment of silence... SISTER GARN AND I GOT A NEW CAR! 2014 Cruz!! Yeah we are riding in style... 26 miles on it :) SPOILED HERE IN JERSEY! Okay also Megan Larsen from our home stake is in my mission! NO ONE TOLD ME!!! Still here in Passaic! I'm serving here for 6 months! I want to serve here another transfer after this one.. SO EVERYONE START PRAYING NOW!!

 I have to give a training to like 8 other missionaries on Friday about having faith.. JUST A LITTLE NERVOUS! haha but its been good for me to prepare for this because it has been helping me! Oh also today I am going on splits with a member in my ward who doesn't speak English AT ALL! To see someone who doesn't speak English at all either... WISH ME LUCK! Spanish is KILLING ME! but its okay I am understanding it! THE MISSION LIFE IS GREAT! hey i love you all! Thank you Lori and Millie for your letter and grandma for always faithfully writing me :) 
LOVE YOU ALL!

beautiful fall leaves :) not my area, I'm more in a city! Megan Larsen from our home stake!



No comments:

Post a Comment