Saturday, November 2, 2013

Sharing what I've learned


October 21, 2013

 This might be a short email but sorry! This week was great. We went on that splits like i had mentioned before and umm yeah it was BLEHHHHHH. Could I communicate with the lady that was with me.. NO! 

So Ive been feeling a little sad that Ive been here for like almost 5 months and I haven't had a baptism yet.. So I'm not quite sure what my purpose is or what help i actually am doing for this area... but yesterday at church kind of helped me see my purpose. So we take this girl out Haz, who is 17 years old and is a senior in high school.. i don't know if i have ever talk about her. But She has been struggling. BUT we have been taking her on team ups with us to go and teach people, and then after I always just talk to her and share like a spiritual thought with her. Well recently she has just been like unloading when she gets in the car like all her problems and stuff. I have been just giving her advice and talking to her about pretty much all of my problems i have had and she just opens up. Well I didn't really think that it mattered that much that she has been coming out. BUT yesterday Gus (1 counselor of the branch) asked her if she would come up and share her favorite scripture and her testimony. She got up there and was like well to be honest with everyone here I don't have a favorite scripture because well I don't read the scriptures.. (shocked when she said that...) (proud of her though to admit it) BUT then she said but my testimony, that, i can say i have. She said i would like to say that i have gained a testimony because i have been going out with the sister missionaries. She said one time, after we taught someone, we got in the car and i was just talking with sister jorgensen and i told her i didn't have a testimony and she snapped at me and said haz do you believe in God? i said yes.. She said that he lives? That he is your father? I said yes... She said do you believe that he loves you? I said yes.. She said do you know that Jesus is the Christ? That he died for you? I said yes.. She said now haz don't you ever tell me again that you don't have a testimony. Even though it may be simple it is the strongest testimony. Haz then continued and said I want to bear my testimony (started crying) That I know God lives and that even though it maybe be a simple small testimony, i can now say that i have one. I am grateful for sister jorgensen and her example to me and for the sister missionaries allowing me to go with them... She continued her testimony and during it all i just had tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat and for one split second i felt like i was being an effective missionary.. That night i texted her that i loved her and told her to not forget to pray, and she wrote back and said " i love you too, thank you to both of you, i have seen a change in my life, and i am grateful that i got the chance to get know you both." I just love that girl. It is weird how if i never came on my mission i would have never met her.. I have funny stories from this week but no time to write them, lets just say i ended up in Manhattan once again on my mission.. NOT ALLOWED but the boat that we thought was right for liberty island was WRONG so yeah whoops! haha 

hey fam i love you all. ! LOVE YOU! tell baby i love her and to have the best birthday ever. also tell bubba that he is the best brother for always writing me when he doesn't have to! i love you too Lexi! mom and dad. goodness i love you both as well :) oh also Austin (you remember him my friend ya know Austin) yeah he got his mission call to CAMBODIA!! crazy!

Hermana dos

Say What!!! FALL is Amazing


No comments:

Post a Comment