Friday, November 1, 2013

Loved Conference

October 7, 2013


Okay how about this! You know sister Atkinson right? well she was "sister" Atkinson but she went home! When she was here i would talk about Africa all the time! She called me and asked me for the name of HELP International and everything like months ago. So I gave it to her, and she called me last Monday and was like soo you are gonna be so mad but I'm going to AFRICA!! (cause i told her to wait for me) but she said I'm going to MBALE! They just called me tonight like 1 hour ago and said "im on the team" haha I laughed! She goes I told them you referenced me and everything and Candice they lady that works at the office said she remembered me! AHHH i just died talking to her telling her all the places she needs to go and see and what to expect... it made me really miss Africa.... But hey look at me recommending people to do good :) 

Some high lights of the week! Well Tuesday night we taught our investigator Edwin who is 24 and I never really have a lot of faith in him because he is 24 single working in new york city.. i mean ya know..  Just hard to have faith BUT we had a wonderful zone meeting all about faith and that is our monthly focus and it is great! So i was a little over board on the whole faith situation, i was on such a spiritual high! haha Well we get into his house and this is the second time we have met with him and he was just a little sketchy about reading and praying.  He was like ya wanna know something cool and sister Garn and I were like yeah. He was like this past week my cousin called me who lives in the DR and he needs money, and he said I always promised my family I would send them money if they needed. So he goes on to say the next day he went and played the lottery, and right when he said that i was just like OH MY GOSH.. no we cant do that.. hahah Anyways he said i played the lottery and i never win. I play only every once in a while (that's good) he said I NEVER win. Well i put the lottery ticket on the fridge and forgot about it, He said that next day he went to the same gas stations to buy a drink and the guy at the front desk said Edwin you won the lottery ticket! He said right when the guy said that he thought for a second how that was a blessing and that he won that money to send to his family, and how he never wins. He said it was weird because instantly he thought of us, and what we had talked about.. he said i couldn't get it out of my mind, the conversation that we talked about. (we talked about how god is real and prayers and miracles can happen) He said he read some of the BOM and liked it... and sorry to leave you there but we have an appt. with him on Tuesday so! haha i will update you later!

I loved General Conference didn't watch it like the usual! SIster Garn and Elders Diaz y Daniel we all watched conference together in the SMALL clerks office in our church..  We brought milk and oreos and chips and salsa and it was GREAT! Conference actually meant something to me this time. Boy did they throw down on commandments, tithing and the law of chastity to be specific!  It was great! We had an investigator and her 5 kids come (who will soon be the elders investigator because she lives in their area) But I went into conference with a question "What does it mean to trust in the Lord?" All the answers seemed to be the same to me... FAITH. So I am starting small by having a better attitude and being completely positive about everything i do, say, think, so on and so on! A quote i really liked was by Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "Doubt your doubts, before you doubt your faith." Also Jeffrey R. Hollands quote i couldn't quite catch but it was about disabilities.. and i just cried. haha My zone leader watched it somewhere else then me and he said when I heard that quote i thought of you and your little sister he said it was incredible! Everyone here knows aubs :) 
Sunday conference was incredible too! Maybe the second coming is coming or something... like all of the apostles and everyone just testified to strengthen and hold strong to our testimonies and endure... JESUS IS COMING!

Oh i allowed dad to do service :) This homeless man stopped me and said hey young lady you got a dollar.. I knew he was homeless so i said yes, and I looked in my wallet and saw another dollar bill so i gave him 2. We continued to talk and I invited Him to come to church and he started having tears run down his face and he said "i cant i stink." I kind of over spoke him and said no everyone is invited we are all children of God. He said "No Young lady, i stink." He said, " No one will want to sit by me i haven't showered in a week." "I am 64 and i live behind that restaurant under that shelter thing. I haven't even met my grand kids." He slowly started walking away and I looked in my wallet and pulled out the 5 and walked to him and gave it to him and said, "Do what you want with this money, and never forget that you have a Heavenly Father that loves you." Don't ask me why I said that. That same night I had the opportunity to have a young women come out with us as a team up. I love Haz. I know she is struggling.  She said can i ask you something? I said yeah. She goes I want to help my boyfriend come into the church and be a member but how can i do that if i cant even be a good member or live the commandments myself? Well I just laid into her and told her my whole life story and how no one is perfect and how we need to repent, and also HOW YOU CANT CHANGE BOYFRIENDS! HAHA we all know that.. now ;) haha But i seriously bore my testimony for like 35 minutes, and the main things i said was i know that Heavenly Father loves you and wants you to start living his way so you can return to him. She just sat there with tears in her eyes and said thank you, can i come back out with you on Tuesday! So i hope i am being a good influence on her!
I don't know why I said those things i did, but that night as I was praying I just had an overwhelming feeling that God loved me. I reflected on the things that i said to haz and the homeless guy, and truly came to realize that i was speaking by the spirit because in all reality i learned from the words i spoke probably more then they did...

I know God lives. I know he knows me better than I know myself. I know he loves everyone equally, and more than we can comprehend. More than I can comprehend. May you all have a great week this week, and never forget that God is watching over you! Make good choices, and live worthily :) LOVE YOU ALL!!!!
xoxx

hermana jorgensen!

ohhh the holidays :) i love you momma!


1. my zone!



2. My wonderful most inpired zone leaders they seriously help me so much (the outfits might throw you off haha but i promise they are just incredible)



1. how people dry there clothes. haha what?! 2. me and my comp at zone meeting! I LOVE ZONE MEETINGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment