Monday, October 20, 2014

What the I phone 6 is out?

September 29, 2014

well. this week was very humbling.

So it all started out with some hard work! and a package from the BEST family in the world. just what I needed. the bread was heaven in my mouth. Then the middle of the week  it was a little hard, I just found out that my companion suffers from depression.. so we were in the house for 3 days this week because she is having a really hard time. Its very humbling for me to be here right now with her as my companion, and to truly just try to help her and just show her that I'm here to serve her and support her before anything else! So she kind of slept a lot this week.  BUT we seriously still have  so much fun, and we are working hard with the circumstances that we are in!

Its kind of getting a little bit sketchier this week around the neighborhood. You know it gets dark sooner so we are out walking the streets when its pitch dark, and we are both white girls.. so yeah that makes it 10xs better. we got both each offered 100$ this week from a guy.. because he thought other things.. then he proceeded to tell us he is a drug dealer and opened his wallet and there was like 50 100$ bills.. I wish I could say that only happened once this week... but no it happened twice! hahaha don't let this story flip you out.. just pray for our safety cause sometimes I really do get nervous at night! but I trust in the Lord he is watching and protecting us.

Saturday I watched the women's conference... felt the Spirit so strong. Our leaders are so inspired! I was with sister duke that night because the next day was the best day of my whole mission.

President Taggart allowed sister duke and I to go back to Eatontown to see Sergio (the percinos friend) you know who he his, BE BAPTIZED!!!! we found him and started teaching him. Sister Duke talked with Presidnt Taggart and she told him that I had never seen a baptism of anyone that I have taught and I am about to go home so he ALLOWED IT! so there we were sister duke and I driving down to Eatontown for and hour and a half. We show up and I just wish I could of recorded it. NO ONE KNEW  we were coming. I kid you not with no exaggeration, and with all humility, literally everyone (because we got there 5 minutes before church ended) came running to us literally crying and hugging us. I don't even know how to explain. I almost felt like a celebrity. it was so weird  but all of the kids were seriously just running to us, of course sister duke and I are crying! then everyone was like are you 2 back here as companions?!!! hahah we were like uhhh no :/ but then as we witnessed the baptism I don't know how to explain it. I just felt this overwhelming peace, and increasing amount of love as Sergio was baptized. I'm just crying the whole time. Anyways as we were waiting for Sergio to get changed and get back I was sitting by angelica. She whispers in my ear, and was like I have been praying this week that you and duke would come back to see me, and God answered my prayers. I just wish I could tell you the emotion I felt I was so overwhelmed. The whole percino family was there. SAMMY SAID THE OPENING PRAYER AND THEN BORE HIS TESTIMONY. literally first time he has ever done that. THEN Ricardo, the guy sister duke and I found and got baptized 3 weeks after I left he got up and bore his testimony and was so thankful for the missionaries that taught him.. I just like oh and then Sebastian our other investigator came he is getting baptized in December! OH my gosh I was just so humbled and grateful beyond belief. it was literally a better feeling than Christmas. After we went to Sammy's for some lunch and then we headed out. I love that family.As we were leaving Sammy was like oh hey we bought something for you girls.. he bought us just a bag full of food with fruit and oatmeal and candy and I don't know. They are so thoughtful. Of course I cried saying goodbye but I will see Sammy I think 1 more time before I leave. The memories were just flowing back and I just sat there embraced by the love from a Father in Heaven. I know that I came to Eatontown to meet the Percinos. Not necessarily that they had to meet me, but I needed to meet them. They are so special to me in my life. I love them SO much.

Anyways back on Sunday night Sister Clark and I are walking in our area to go to an appointment. Just by the grace of God we saw Byron on bergenline..( main st.) so we went over to talk to him and he seemed a little hesitant. He smelt like alcohol... anyways we were just talking and he is kind of passing through hard things in his life right now. It is a very different life style that these Hispanics here live. After we were talking for like 30 minutes he started kind of tearing up because he was just like its so hard yadayadad  why do i have to wait to be baptized? anyways 10 minutes later we were getting ready to leave and he was like "what are you thinking Jorgensen" because I kept telling him to behave well.. in Spanish it makes more sense to say that haha but it sounds weird in English anyways so I was like no its okay we need to go but Byron just make good choices and he goes no what are you really thinking Jorgensen so I took the opportunity and I just said Byron answer me just one question. "have you been drinking today?" and he just like stares at me.. he hesitated and like the most shameful response he could of given me he said yes.. I don't know what happened to me but I couldn't control it and I just had tears run down my cheek and I just felt this pain in my heart. I love Byron so much and I want what is best for him.. but we cant hold his hand the whole way he has to choose for himself. I just testified to him of the power of living the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The blessing that you receive and the happiness you feel from doing what is right. Then there is me walking in the streets of union city CRYING the whole way to the appointment because I just want so badly for him to understand the importance of living the Gospel. Gosh the mission. It just literally is the most emotional thing Ive ever experienced. pray for him. he has his ups and downs but he really needs those prayers.

I know the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. literally what in the world. I don't know why Heavenly Father has given me this life that I live right now, but I am humbled and ever so grateful for it. May we all try a little harder this week to show our Heavenly Father how grateful we truly are to be His children. I love you. literally each and everyone of you.


Love Hermana Jorgensen xoxx


pss. I finished the bom in Spanish today whoop whoop!

psss. really trying to seek revelation for what I should do after this mission like what to study.. not a clue. woooo IM AWESOME! haha not stressed at all.. jokes.



oh and also what there is an I phone 6 out? had no idea. oh also there might be a world war 4? I'm so set apart from the world it kind of scares me to be back in it. Ahhh



moms cute hair ties!



obsessed with his planner cover.  Thanks Lexi



Sergio and some of the percino family


Sergio and Sammy!


all the misioneras that have taught him


angelica. she is a babe. I love her.


sebastion (our old investigator) hahah



Ricardo recent convert! blessing the sacrament and teaching young mens. love him. 3 month member.




percinos. I love this family.





No comments:

Post a Comment