Saturday, April 5, 2014

20 Today

March 10, 2014

well 1 year older and... not quite sure wiser but still kickin it on this earth! Can I just say thank you to all that took time to email me.. this email might be a little lame since I don't have that much time to write...umm I had 51 EMAILS TO READ. ANXIETY. but I read them! WOW life at home sounds quite enjoyable.. everyone is just LIVING it TO ITS LARGEST! I mean I wish I could go and meet famous tennis stars or eat panda express with my baby or live in 90 degree weather.. or go to cross fit.. or ummm sleep a little longer than just 7 1/2 hours every night hahah kidding. I love it here!

I have been really happy lately! I have been able to see so many miracles.. small but I know that they are still miracles. first things first.
2 people in my last area got baptized that I taught!
miracle right? I am sooooo happy for them! It is amazing to see them all dressed in white! My old companion sister Garn sent me a picture I was SO happy.
We have this goal in our mission well its like an obedience thing and if you don't do it you are being disobedient. We contact 10 people a day minimum! that is at minimum 2,600 new people a day coming to hear about the BOOK OF MORMON! how cool is that? we have found so many investigators because of it! We only found 3 this week but hey we have so many weeks ahead of us that finding 3 a week sometimes is just to overwhelming to handle! who would of thought I would say that? haha from 3 months of no one to teach to now overwhelming amount of people.. haha

I went on an exchange with some other sisters in the mission.. English ones! Sooo yeah that was a little odd.. haha They don't speak a thing of Spanish and everyone we come in contact with or teach only speaks Spanish.. but THAT DIDNT STOP HER FROM TRYING TO TALK. So lets just say that led to some awkward encounters.. ahah When she would try to talk she would talk really loud and slow... uhhhh excuse me dear "sister" ( I hate saying sister, its so weird ,haha just Hermana) he isn't dumb.. he just doesn't speak English so no matter how slow or loud you speak he will not understand you! So I just had to like take over and kind of leave her no room to talk! I was kind of nervous to have just me and her go out because then I would have no back up from my comp to speak Spanish.. but it actually worked out! I handed out 2 Book of Mormons and found 2 new investigators!

Oh classic story of the century.. this would happen to me. Soo my zone leaders ask me and my companion if we would do a role play in front of the WHOLE zone.. so like 25-30 people.. okay so its like pretty much acting as if it were a real situation but it isn't and after they evaluate you on it.. so its just weird! SO you know me I just get anxiety for no reason.. well actually I just think I say I have anxiety because it makes me feel better.. maybe I actually don't have anxiety.. but anyways I'm like all ready reading my scriptures and PMG to prepare for the meeting and next thing you know in walk the Assistants... WHAT OH MY GOSH. IM GONNA THROW UP. literally about died. This probably means nothing to you because you aren't missionaries but man when the assistants come.. its serious business! anyways long story short we did the role play and it went well!

Umm have any of you read the title page of the Book Of Mormon.. not the intro but the title page. The ending part. like the last sentence.. I wont tell you what it says so that you'll have to look it up but I LOVE THAT SENTENCE. I recently read the talk, come join us, by president uchtdorf and it pointed that line out! I love it because we teach and work with so many less active families that literally don't come to church because they are OFFENDED. oh my gosh it is the worse. PEOPLE ARE IMPERFECT. The doctrines of Christ IS PERFECT.. it just doesn't make sense to me.

I love you fam bam sooo much. sorry these letters are never what I expect them to be, and you read them and probably think oh my gosh she needs some medicine because her ADD is off the chain! haha

But if there is one thing I know is true and that I can focus with is the Gospel. I love this Gospel. I definitely have changed.. maybe not my personality.. I literally am the same in personality haha I don't think I'm going to be this awkward missionary when I come home but I can tell you that my heart has been changed and my eyes have been opened to the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I hope that everyone has the opportunity to feel the mercy from our Savior Jesus Christ. HE WORKS MIRACLES YALL!

Love you!

Love: Hermana Jorgensen! xoxx

20 years old..





1. Monica she moved to Florida!  super sad :( 



2&3. me and my comp!

No comments:

Post a Comment