Saturday, April 5, 2014

Santa Vaca

SANTA VACA.

March 3rd, 2014
wow this week. can I just tell you ups and downs? my companion is AMAZING. God literally loves me so much that he gives me the BEST people ever. I have never argued once or gotten in a tiff with any of my companions have I ever told you that? that is a blessing in disguise because NO ONE can say that. some where down the line people end up arguing or taking a little while to get along. I LOVED sister Daniel's. I will hang out with her after the mission, but missionary work wasn't for us meaning obedience. I am SOO much happier! I LOVE sister duke. we get along perfectly and you know what is even better? WE WORK MIRACLES. we taught 21 lessons this week and that hasn't been taught here for 6 months also we FOUND 6 NEW INVESTIGATORS. solid? I wouldn't say exactly it takes time but is our teaching pool bigger? YES. Que bendicion! We have been contacting like crazy and we have been EXACTLY obedient. this is why we have had this type of success. I can testify to you that obedience brings blessings. I have been having a lot of stress lately.As I was studying the stress thing I came across this quote that I liked.. then realized that my dear inspired perfect sister Lexi sent this to me on a sticky note 6 days into the mtc!

Elder Neal A. Maxwell has said, “When in situations of stress we wonder if there is any more in us to give, we can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail or to be wicked. When we have been weighed and found wanting, let us remember that we were measured before and we were found equal to our tasks; and, therefore, let us continue, but with a more determined discipleship. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over program us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear (D&C 50:40).”

its hard to remember at times to just breathe and stay focused on the important things, but as we do our testimonies will be strengthened! I have been changed by the power of the Atonement. I am becoming someone that my Heavenly Father wants me to become.. even if that means stress/anxiety and all! This is why I am here on the mission. To become and do all that the Lord wants. This is what we as members of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints need to understand better. That is who A DISCIPLE OF JESUS CHRIST IS. and that is why we are here on the earth today.

hey I love you fam. you are amazing. you support me in all that I do. you love me unconditionally and I couldn't be more grateful! you work miracles! love you all!

love: Hermana Jorgensen xoxx

ps- funny story there is this investigator and it was her birthday so we made her a cake! it said "28 Santa Vaca" which means holy cow! haha literally... she didn't get it.. haha cause it is an American term! so she was like ohhh its the day for holy cows? haha like it totally back fired on us! that probably wasn't funny to you but it was for us! just thought id throw a lighter note in this letter somewhere! Hahah








1.   santa vaca story!

2. Shirley 

elders are soo awkward… haha


No comments:

Post a Comment