Saturday, April 5, 2014

Opportunities to help Father in Heaven

March 24,2014

this week! a few things for you all to enjoy!

FIRST THINGS FIRST... WANNNA HEAR A CRAZY STORY! okay so this week during our weekly planning we were just going through our list and one of our favorite less actives moved to Florida so we called the mission office there to see if they could send the missionaries over there and they gave us the # of the district leader in that area... so we called and ELDER NALLY(Landon, Austin, and Kaersins friend) is the MISSIONARY! what out of 200 missions 85,000 missionaries I CALL HIM!! you better believe I had a cow when I heard that... hahah his comp goes what are you like his girlfriend or something because I was dying!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tender mercy of the LORD it reminded me of them!! how cool is that really?! okay maybe not that cool to you but to meeee it was SCHHWEETTTT!!

MIRACLE. so remember how last week I told you we had to drive to Freehold early Monday morning? okay so maybe not but now I did. so we drove there so we could get a ride with the sisters there because we didn't have any miles to get up north to Morristown! well it was early in the morning and there was snow on the cars, as we were walking in, there was this lady taking the snow off her car and I turned around and asked her if we could help and she kindly declined my offer! Well we were looking for the other sisters apartment and we were kind of struggling to find it and she could tell so she asked are you girls looking for paight and Walton? (the sisters last names) and we were like yes how did you know?! and she goes well Ive talked to them a time or two and when you asked me for help I felt the same type feeling I get when I talk to them! We thought nothing of it and went inside the other sisters house and told them what happened and they said oh yeah Lori, she is our investigator! So then the next day they call us and told us they had a miracle to tell us! They said remember that Lori lady you asked if she needed help with? I was like yeah! She said, well we had a lesson with her last night and all she talked about was the question that you asked her. The simple question of do you need help. She said that past week she had been struggling and that Monday morning before she left she knelt and asked God to send her some help. She said literally 20 minutes later I went and asked her if she needed help. She said the whole way she was driving to work she couldn't stop thinking about it. She ended up crying because she knew God answered her prayers. She said that from me asking her if she needed help it gave her inspiration to help everyone she came in contact with that day. She asked EVERYONE that was in her path that day if they needed help.
ummm.. what?! just a simple question of do you need help? I thought nothing of it that morning but it is cool to see the way God works in his little ways!

The next day we went on an exchange with these English sisters that just needed some help. I know one of the girls who got here like 3 months ago and she has been struggling so our District Leader asked if I would go with her on an exchange even though she cant speak Spanish.. well it was well needed! After only being with her for an hour she just broke down and cried to me for like 3 hours.. literally I WISH I was kidding! But I felt so bad for her she is just so stressed and cant be herself. She wrote me a note after and left it in my desk and she just put that she has been praying for help and looking for answers and she couldn't find them the past weeks, and within the first 30 minutes we were together her prayers were answered and she was calmed! She said "sister Jorgensen you may not of baptized and you may not be a trainer or sister training leader, but you are a missionary that changes lives. You allow me to be myself and be a missionary at the same time, you help me truly feel the most comfortable when I am with you. This was a very well needed exchange and God has worked many miracles through you for me." umm wow that was nice of her to say! I sure love that girl because I remember struggling in the beginning of my mission.. not with her same issues but struggling is struggling ya know?

soo this week I am focusing on somethings to change myself and me and my companion choose pride! so if you have any advice about pride not saying I am prideful.. well that was prideful to say I'm not but I just want to be humble! I read the talk beware of pride.. ummm READ IT. loved it.


spiritual thing i loved this week!

We acknowledge that your path will at times be difficult. But I give you this promise in the name of the Lord: rise up and follow in the footsteps of our Redeemer and Savior, and one day you will look back and be filled with eternal gratitude that you chose to trust the Atonement and its power to lift you up and give you strength.
My dear friends and brethren, no matter how many times you have slipped or fallen, rise up! Your destiny is a glorious one! Stand tall and walk in the light of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ! You are stronger than you realize. You are more capable than you can imagine. You can do it now! Of this I testify in the sacred name of our Master and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, amen.




don't let Satan trick you into thinking that even though times might be hard in our life, that God is not aware! He is.. and He loves us.

love you all. xoxx

Hermana Jorgensen!





1. me and my companion... love this girl! 




2. It was this elders birthday today!



No comments:

Post a Comment