Wednesday, May 14, 2014

I got transferred to Union City

May 14, 2014

I got transferred to UNION CITY! MY DREAMMMM!!!!!! The most densely populated city in the united states.. and I'm literally not kidding it is crazyyyyyyy here. its a walking area! THANK HEAVENS!! The only thing splitting me from new york city is the river! Literally everyone wants to serve here. Ive been here for 1 day and literally i hurt from walking! I cover streets 37-49! It is a crazy lifestyle like seriously EVERYONE is outside and always walking going somewhere... and no one speaks English. SO my Spanish should be getting better lets hope! haha i haven't really met the ward yet.. yes WARD! I'm in a WARD!!!! But this is the most amazing ward in this mission! so I've heard. They ALWAYS are involved in missionary work, and have the most baptisms here in the mission! There are 8 missionaries in the ward as well! My companion is named Hermana Cole from Idaho! Her mom is Mexican so shes like kind of native.. but she speaks Spanish pretty goood! We go home together! Shes my first "native" companion :) She is super cute, everyone tells me she is hard.. but eyyy its okay, I'm not really here to argue or get mad. Just work with patience! We definitely aren't the same, but hey that's okay too! 

Every time I leave an area I get homesick.. but not like HOMEsick, but homesick like I miss my last area! Anyways I'm excited to do this work here! You should look it up on google maps and look at how crazy the lifestyle is! Some times i get nervous though.. A TON of creeps.. especially because I'm tall..and blondish.. so i stick out..and people tell me to be careful haha it makes me nervous but i'll be good because NOW i pray for my safety! haha and i actually mean it when i ask for Him to protect me!

I miss my last area and companion. i loved sister duke SO MUCH. that girl she literally saves lives. But on Monday my last day we rode bikes on the beach for 5 hours.. on the board walk! I GOT FRIED ON MY ARMS. sister duke and i did!  Sammy is so sweet he was like "jorgie ya know you are my best friend. you'll never be forgotten here. I'm not saying your house is my house, but whenever you wanna come back you have a place to stay"  it was so hard saying goodbye! but its okay, Sister Duke's trainee is SOOOOO CUTE! I'm not even worried! Alfonso is in good hands! 

Anyways I LOVED seeing everyone on mothers day! words can not express how i felt! I miss you all and love you all! Ill email more on Monday, and send pictures! 

OH my address is
 4527 cottage place #2
union city, new jersey
07087
 
BUT the best thing is... we cant get mail because it is SO SKETCHY! it doesn't work.. so there is a member that lets us get mail at her house but even then its obnoxious to get it from there but here is her address
 
1435 45th st. #1
North Bergen, New Jersey
07047
 
 
 
alright. i know this church is true. IT CHANGES LIVES. i am so thankful i have this time to serve my Heavenly Father, and help others come unto Christ. i love you all.
 
love hermana jorgensen xoxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment