Friday, May 2, 2014

I loved Conference

April 7, 2014

This week wooo! Conference holy cow I LOVE CONFERENCE! Goosebumps all over, my growth and appreciation has grown immensely for listening to the words of the Prophet and Apostles. Its like I sit there and I'm like I CANT WAIT TO HEAR WHO COMES UP NEXT!! That is what I look forward to in life now! hahah WOW HAVE I CHANGED?!

So this week. the miracle. you'll die. sister duke and i have fasted once a week for the past 3 weeks.. and it was  this Tuesday and Sister Duke and I were walking to an appointment, while walking we get a random call from a Florida number. He is the brother-in-law to a less active that just moved there.. remember I already told you about her. Anways he calls us and goes "I have a brother who lives in Eatontown and wants to know the schedule of your church." "Could you give it to him?" we were like.. UHHH YEAH WITH A LESSON MY FRIEND! so anyways we get to the appointment  that we were walking to and we get a text that just said hi my name is Alfonso and I want to know the address to your church and your times.. (all in Spanish) literally me and my companion walking home HAD A COW!! we called him and he said I'm free now if you'd like to meet tonight. We couldn't really believe it. So we met him at the mall. He showed up and said I've been here for 2 hours just waiting for our appointment.. He is here from Ecuador alone he is divorced and his 9yr old daughter lives with the mom there in Ecuador.. Anyways he literally had EVERY question that a perfect golden investigator would have. like EVERY question. We taught the restoration and I was so nervous because you know me. my a.d.d. ..out of this world uncontrollable .. so this whole setting.. situation just really really was more of a foe than a friend. like Satan had all power against me.. people walking talking back ground WORLDLY music.. my favorite stores.. haha but there we were all 3 of us.. praying answering questions speaking the best Spanish I've ever spoke feeling the strongest spirit I've ever felt on my mission.. and having the strongest conviction that literally THIS GOSPEL blesses lives. it gives you a better hope, a better understanding, and a deeper feeling that the Lord is always there for you. During it he goes "I feel this feeling when you teach me.. I feel like this is the path I am supposed to take."  We set up our next appointment and at the end we asked him if there was anything we could do to help him? and he goes "yes please don't forget about our next appointment..." WHAT?!!!! ummm PERFECT RIGHT?! of course there has to be a downfall.. the literal ONLY day he has off.. Wednesdays...  BUT we have an appointment this Wednesday so lets hope the adversary hasn't taken him like it does with every other investigator I've ever had!
so keep him in the prayers please! he needs this gospel. literally NEEDS.

I got a package from my favorite lady aunt jen jen. she is perfect.  I got a letter from my inspired sister whom I cherish so much. I literally love this mission. like thank literally my Heavenly Father that I am here. I needed this. I needed to learn to grow to struggle, and more importantly I needed to learn how to trust in my Savior Jesus Christ. Thanks for always supporting me, for always being positive and for DOING MISSIONARY WORK AT HOME! you my dear sweet family are perfect. till the next week, you stay sweet on the west coast, and I will do the same on the jersey shore.
love you.


love herman a jorgensen


No comments:

Post a Comment