Thursday, May 8, 2014

Meeting Elder L. Tom Perry

April 22, 2014



wow this week. INCREDIBLE. and I only have an hour to email... that would happen to me!
First things first I am dying over the pictures of cruise. I wont even make any comments because well.. I'm just straight jealous! SO anyways. Lexi.. going home soon doing her dying testimony already.. umm REALITY CHECK THAT IS CRAZY! I cant even imagine.. that makes me sick thinking about going home.

So just some fast updates.
The English Sisters had a random # in their phone and they said they couldn't understand them so we called them and they spoke Spanish. So we went to their house and long story short they haven't been to church in 13 years because they were offended.. (hispanic thing I SWEAR) So literally within the first 6 minutes we were there they said to us don't think we are coming to church, and if you keep inviting us you are not allowed to come over. We were like uhhh yeah okie dokie since that is NOT our purpose.. hahah please we will invite you to church you just don't have to come. Anyways we went there a week later and only had a lesson with the son (40ish years old) and we taught him and he just kept saying don't invite me to church I wont go and  wont come back if you try. So then we bring a team up and go back the next week and we teach him, and he is talking about not feeling the spirit yadyadada and our amazing team up brought him to tears.. He accepted to coming to church but was hesitant and nervous of others judgments. long story short HE CAME TO STAKE CONFERENCE IN EAST BRUNSWICK... 40 MINUTES AWAY! Our team up drove him with her family. He sat by us and was brought to tears in Stake Conference and said after, this is where I belong. I feel perfect. I will be coming to church next week. WHAT?!!!! it was a tender mercy of the Lord to see Him feel the loving grace of our Savior Jesus Christ and repentance.

We had a lesson with Alfonso. Not my best Spanish speaking lesson ever but more importantly the Spirit saved us. He told us he will be baptized. Soon but probably not till after I'm gone. He prayed after perfectly and keeps all of our commitments! We are helping him move tomorrow.. and we talked to the Assistants and they gave us the whole street of Joline because before we only had half! SO either way he will be in our area to teach! YAY!

We were doing studies after Stake Conference on Sunday and I just couldn't focus. My A.D.D. is out of control! SO I was like okay lets leave and go walk to some less actives house to see if we could contact them. As we were walking  this man was on the phone and we walked by and threw out a quick hola! We kept walking about a mile away he comes zoomin behind us and he was like MORMONAS!!! we were like yes. He goes ME TOO! I was like you were baptized he was like yessss! We said how did you know we were mormonas? He goes I could feel a special spirit.. as if I saw 2 angels walking on the street. ummm well I could take that creepily or I could take that like wow we really do have the spirit with us. SO to not CREEP us out we took it the 2nd way hahahah But he has not come to church in YEARS and hasn't had any connection with the church but HE WANTS TO COME BACK! inspired A.D.D. moments. Thank you Heavenly Father for making my weakness a strength hahahahaha

Okay ELDER L. TOM PERRY CAME. what? milagro. literally I can not tell you how it feels to be in the same room as an apostle of God. First things first fun facts. President Jeppson coolest man alive. Sister Perry is his first cousin, and He is L. Tom Perry's lawyer. So yeah I forgot we are working with coolest man alive. President Jeppson is like Best Friends with all the Apostles. Like I'm not kidding.

Anyways Elder L. Tom Perry walks in the room and we all stand up, and literally tears just flowed down my face. The feeling is surreal and undeniable that He truly is a prophet, seer, and revelator of our Savior Jesus Christ. We all got to go and talk to him and give him a handshake and his sweet wife a hug. He talked about the Preisthood. And how it has all been restored and how important Women are. He then allowed us to ask us him any question for an hour! it was AMAZING. He literally is so classic. SO funny. like I cant get over how funny he was.



Funnies:
have you ever seen anyone eating Burger King with tortillas? YEAH ONLY HISPANICS! HAHAHAH so funny
It was Sammy's birthday and we got in a cake fight! hahaha love them!




I got a letter from Elder Landon Shelby a few days ago and I really liked this quote that he sent to me. Well no he said it and now I'm quoting him.

"The amazing thing about the mission is when we have our trails, difficulties, or hard times, that is the BEST opportunity to show our Love for the Lord through our Patience, Diligence and Charity."
-Elder Shelby

I love what he said. He has made me think a lot. When we are frustrated or upset or mad. Are we exercising Christ like attributes or are we letting Satan win us over?

Just something to think about!



I love you family so much! sorry this was so short and probably not making sense.. 1 hour.. the struggle is real.

Hermana Jorgensen xoxx







sister Atkinson sent me this stuff from Africa!


old home week Elder Trasdahl from home


More old friends from the miss


No comments:

Post a Comment