Monday, August 4, 2014

Everything will work out

July 7th, 2014
well what a good week to talk about! I have been learning so many things! first things first remember how Lexi taught the 3rd hour to the youngins for the 5th Sunday.. I didn't realize or remembered to tell you that I DID TOO! haha when Lexi was teaching them SO WAS I! 

This week was a week FULL of rain. I kid you not when I say that it rained 4 days out of the week. and I don't really know if people UNDERSTAND what "rain" means here.. it means literally YOU CAN NOT WALK because everything is just drenched. of course we were already outside away from the house when it started POURING. so me and my poor sweet Hermana detrinidad just were drenched.. it made for some very long days!

This week was also full of fun and laughter.. We take out team ups everyday.. and some of them are just HILARIOUS! I wish you could all experience what my companion and I go through here in Union City! haha

Just a quick over lay of a story that happened this week. So this older couple named  john jay and Miriam (less acvtive) . They came on a team up with us.. so that means they came walking with us. Well the appointment cancelled so we went to go try a referral that they gave us. They are the KING AND QUEEN of referrals.. not necessarily "great" referrals.. so meaning not any of them really like us.. or live there or work out but HEY at least they are doing it because NO one else gives us any!  we go to try this referral who never answers when we come by.. she makes us stand on the corner so she could go knock her door, and then we she answered we would just show up.. like a sneak attack...? hahah uhhh what?! Lets just say it was SO awkward she like whistled at us to come over when she answered the door as if we were like dogs.. hahah I mean then she was leaving and a guy was coming to pick her up who is married and she is married and they are going out.. long story short the referral Gina called john and Miriam and asked them if they could tell us to NEVER pass by again or call her... HAHAHAH what?! we didn't even talk to her? or do anything?geez Hermana detrinidad and I were just DYING laughing. hahaha it was SO funny!

oh happy b-day to grandpa! was thinking about him all day and night on the 4th! so it was raining all day of the 4th and all the night before and I started praying that it would stop for the night time because we were allowed to go and watch fireworks until 11! but if its raining obviously not... so it rained all day and at 7 we all planned to go I seriously was praying so hard because this is the only night on the mission that we get to stay out late... well at 6:30.. the sun gradually started coming out... at 7 it was sunny and at 10 we ENJOYED THE FIREWORKS on the Hudson bay in Hoboken from New York!!! What a silly little thing to be having a cow about but SERIOUSLY this is just another testimony to me that Heavenly Father does answer prayers.

Another little testimony builder. Anyways I have been praying a lot about school because I feel like it is coming up and I should know what I should do. I cant really seem to find an answer and my companion and I every time we find random people on the street share a scripture with them.. not everyone but people that will give us a second of their time. We always invite them to come to church but their answers are ALWAYS the same.. "I don't have time."

So we always pull out 3Nephi 13: 32-33.. I would quote it but I only have Spanish scriptures so go look it up! BUT it pretty much says look for God first in all things, and then all will work out and be okay in the end. SO we always read that with them and tell them that if they look for God first, if they keep the commandments, do what God would have us do EVERYTHING will work out. Well I guess I have never really been paying attention when I read that because I don't know why but I came to study those 2 scriptures again and just really think about it. I think as humans we get really worked up as in "what will I do next?" "how do I know what I'm supposed to do?" "where am I supposed to go?" "How come He isn't answering me?" But it made me think, as my companion who is seriously perfect I love her. She said "ya know I never received an actual answer to do anything. I didn't know if I SHOULD go to the states to study, I didn't know if I SHOULD go on a mission because He never gave me a clear answer. BUT I know that if you are keeping the commandments and doing what is right, "putting God first" in all things, whatever you choose if it is good, will be what Heavenly Father wants you to do. That is so applicable in all that we do. We might not necessarily understand the details of if we should do this or if we should go there or receive a clear  answer to big decisions. BUT if we are doing what God would have us do, and "putting Him first" how can we go wrong?

I have made a promise today (well last week) that I will never miss a day of reading my scriptures when I get home. Now maybe some days will just be a verse or 2 because you get so busy, but I will ALWAYS make time for My Heavenly Father because I know that He ALWAYS makes time for me. I know that God lives and that He loves us. He doesn't set us up to fail, nor lets us fail when we are asking for His guidance! I seriously am obsessed with the mission. I LOVE IT. I am so grateful that I am here right now in my life. I needed this.

I love you.

Hermana Jorgensen xoxx




our best friend and favorite team up alanCITO :) haha he is seriously SO awesome! (doesn't speak a thing of English) bless his soul






happy 4th yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment