Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Let the Lord change you!

August 4, 2014

wow. every ones emails were incredible. the photos. I'm dying.

I got Lori and Millie's package.. I wear the flip flops ALL the time. thank you. . and millie looks so old I'm dying.

this week coming up will be kind of hard for me. 3 of my companions go home this week on Wednesday, Sister Larsen, Garn, and Sister Daniels
also bubba(aka Preston) is getting the priesthood.. I don't know why it is making me sad but I really wanted to be there to see him get the priesthood but that's besides the point, I am THRILLED for him. literally I love that GROWN UP kid, he is the most handsome most genuine kid I have ever met in my life. literally so lucky to have him as a sibling.

We got to work at Ellis island this week! Classic, my companion is native and I was like "hey after can I just run her upstairs to show her what this is and explain a little so she can know, she isn't from here!" The lady was like OF COURSE! hahah she goes no look go over there and get a tour thing and go tour for an hour.... so me and my companion felt so awkward with these head cassettes in Ellis island with thousands of people! we ended up taking them off and I just explained to her everything. it was a walk down memory lane because I vividly remember the picture of all of us sitting in the upstairs area with the Lyons and the Montgomery's, it was such a trip! Then we did  service there and it was so fun! I got to use my Spanish.. imagine that.. explaining genealogical/historical things in Spanish ... but it went well.

That leads me to Byron, he was the sick one. Pray for him. literally he is perfect. We taught him law of chastity last week, and today we are teaching him the word of wisdom. He is so genuine, and so sincere about learning, and CHANGING. he will be baptized, hopefully next week but if not next week for sure this month. But he needs your prayers. Pray for him specifically that he will be able to resist temptation. He came to church and church surprisingly this week was decent! He called us on Saturday night and asked us what a word meant in the Book of Mormon, he was reading what we left for him to read. WHAT?! that doesn't happen. I love him.

Last person I will ask you to pray for. her name is Hermana Ynomar. She is from the DR she is a member, and she has cancer.. literally of everything. like bone, breast, muscle I mean everything. The chemo is really taking a tole on her right now, and it really is having an affect on me and my companion because we love her. SOOO please pray for her.

what did I learn this week? hmm I just think the only things I ever learn is that my Heavenly Father loves me. That He is real, and that He is always there. I love being with Hermana Detrinidad, she is teaching me a lot. I only have 2 transfers left on my mission, (transfers started today) and it is really making me reflect on who I am, or who I have let the Lord shape me to become. It is an amazing transformation when you let the Lord truly shape you to who he wants you to become. I still lack in every aspect, but I think the important part is that 1. I am trying, and 2. I am willing to change.

let the Lord change you this week. be willing to have him transform you. I love you all.

love: Hermana Jorgensen xoxx





1. me and my comp go running there everymorning.
2. ellis island




hes Byron!


the pererya family! solid! I love them!



BYRON! AND THE CAYETANOS! my favorite people in the whole area of union city. I live for the cayetanos. they just got baptized in april!



me doing studies.. :) my comp took a sneak picture!




No comments:

Post a Comment