Sunday, August 3, 2014

My new companion is from Nicaragua

June 30, 2014

drum roll please.... my companion's name is HERMANA DETRINIDAD FROM NICARAGUA!!! hahah it is so loco i love her. She is straight up from Nicaragua. She studied in Springfield Missouri for 2 years before so she is learning English but other than that we are straight Spanish.. oh does my head just hurt. I am learning a lot!
Its interesting how much I have learned about trusting in the Lord on my mission. I was so nervous that all of my numbers would drop, that I wouldn't find anyone to teach, or that I just couldn't do it. BUT wrong. The Lord gave me a native who was trained before she even came. She literally contacts with no fear. She teaches everything without hesitation, and just is HISPANIC so its so easy to relate with everyone. She has a lot to learn about missionary work such as asking questions, and being okay with silence but hey we all still need to learn stuff like that I'm not good at that , but I'm not here to teach her! SHES HERE TO TEACH ME! wow i love her. haha we get along great. Here we are when we met.






Transfer conference was good. We had to say bye to President and Sister Jeppson.. wow you know i was just CRYING my eyes out the whole entire time. oh and heres some big news. I hugged a man for the first time in 14 months.. PRESIDENT JEPPSON! We all got to hug him. Seriously i can't express how much i love him and Sister Jeppson. When i went in to hug him he whispered "I sure love you Sister Jorgensen. You did it, you stayed and have completed miracles you never would have had you gone home." i just died hugging Sister Jeppson goodbye as well. i will be seeing them when i get home.






This week we have seen so many miracles from being exactly obedient!
1 little miracle that happened was on Friday!
Fridays and Saturdays are LONG days because we leave at 1 and don't return until 9! and we are WALKING all day.. and it is HOT. so i was dreading Friday and we didn't have ANYTHING set on Friday right away so why not just trickle out of the apartment a little late i mean it was hot out and just not pleasant! BUT we left at 12:59 because I know there is a reason why we need to be obedient, because the Lord has asked us to. So we leave and we are walking and there is this old lady from puerto rico and she is just wandering. She asked this guy who spoke English in her broken Spanish for some help to this super market, and i could tell that she was super flustered. We go up and ask her what she is looking for and she told us, she told us she was only here on vacation and doesn't speak English. So we said okay the store is this way, that way, this way, and you'll find it. But i decided ehhh we should just walk with her and show her. It was far.So we started walking and talking and we arrived to the place. She started crying and said "I was praying to my Heavenly Father to send  me angels to help me because i have been out here in this hot day for an hour looking for help, and here you are. Heavenly Father has literally sent angels here to lead me to what i was looking for." She just kept kissing our cheeks and thanking us, and then she walked away. Maybe to you it doesn't sound like this huge great story but to me these are the stories, the experiences that keep me here on my mission, that increase my faith and that truly show me that God is in the details of our lives. Exact obedience brings blessings whether it be for myself, or for His other children out in the world. 

Saturday was fun, we walked for 5 STRAIGHT HOURS! holy sweet cow. yeah 5. 
Sunday we had 3 investigators at church! woo hooo.. The most since I've been here! We are trying! Ricardo who got baptized in my last area remember.. yeah he passed the sacrament on Sunday! 

President Taggart is here, and I haven't met him yet but sister duke texts him and told him we are excited he is here and asked how his Sunday went and he replied literally " Thanks, we are very pumped. We look forward to working with you. see you soon. love pt."

hahahahha soooo he seems SUPER rad! 

ummm world cup games are CRAZY HERE. literally Colombia won and EVERYONE was on the street standing on their moving cars yelling honking throwing flour EVERYWHERE. just like i cant even begin to tell you. hahah we couldn't even walk it was nuts.




ALSO the bravos came and took us to dinner. I LOVE THEM. i just about cried when i saw them. seriously i just cant describe the love i feel for these people here in New Jersey. i love, LOVE. I LOVE IT. 




i am doing good! i know that God lives. He truly is in the details of our lives. He is aware of us. I am grateful for the Gospel, to be here on my mission to learn and to grow. I know this is the true church. love love love you all.


hermana jorgensen xoxx







No comments:

Post a Comment