Friday, August 22, 2014

That's Some Exercise People

July 14, 2014

well well well. greeting from a gloomy day here in jersey! its raining.. NOT SHOCKED! haha but wow what a great week.

We met the Taggarts this week! Holy heavens I'm obsessed with their daughter Emily. She is 17 and we just go together. Afterwards she and I were just talking the whole time and her mom comes up to us and she goes " I just knew you two would be the best friends, I just had a feeling right when I met you sister Jorgensen" hahah classic. Sister Taggart soooo HIP. Young and spunky! They have a 10 year old daughter named Sophie. I WANT PRESTON TO MARRY HER.  President Taggart is a humble man, with a lot of good to bring to this mission. You can tell he is still a dad with young kids although he is old. But he has the lingo of us youngins hahah I love the Taggarts. 

Training is good! my sweet sis is literally perfect. Like I always say she is already pre-trained . So of course we are having a good time being together.. as for something you could pray for maybe would be the work here. We literally WALK FROM 1-9 ALL day. because NO one wants us to come over.. not even the members. Sometimes you just cant take walking for 9 hours everyday.. you get tired! but we aren't losing faith! We are praying and fasting so hard to soften the members hearts.We are working hard at texting them weekly and giving words of encouragement! and we heart-attack them and everything! but its still a little rough just keep praying.

I don't know how it happens but we work through out the week and it feels like all we do is walk and preach on the street, and we never really find anyone sincerely interested but then it comes Sunday and boom we have 3 investigators at church. I don't know why I ever get nervous or think that we wont have people coming to church because GOD IS IN CHARGE and is blessing us for our efforts.

we wake up Sunday at 6. We leave by 7 walk 20 blocks to go to ward council for an hour, then we walk 20 blocks back to go pick up our investigator Byron and then walk 20 blocks back to the church! THATS SOME EXERCISE PEOPLE! hahah classic. so Byron. He is from Guatemala and just got here 9 months ago, he is SO humble, and we just contacted him on the street! He came to church with us and boy oh boy are we ever so excited.. but NERVOUS! seriously in a Hispanic branch you never know what will be mentioned or said.. the week before I don't know if I told you but 2 investigators and a couple members  left because the things they were talking about in church were HORRIFIC. they were pretty much fighting and bishop was asking for more money from people. ANYWAYS. haha so we are just praying. Sacrament was good.. I uhh directed the music.. without the piano.. haha SOS. seriously classic. Then we had second hour. Well it was Ward conference so we were pretty calm about what was going to be said. Some way or another we were talking about the Restoration, but got led into technology and praising missionaries.. highly uncomfortable! Then our OTHER investigator who is my age from the DR is just cracking jokes in front of the whole class.. just seriously I don't even know what was going on because I was just praying so hard. I find Sundays quite comical because you just have NO IDEA what is going to happen. LONG STORY SHORT Byron and Brian our investigators stayed all 3 hours and even more because we walked home with them 20 more blocks! so from 9:15- 2:15 we were with them and they really liked it! Byron has potential! like sincere potential. SO PLEASE PRAY FOR HIM.

This less active who I literally LOVE came to church.. Hermana Beltran.. from Ecuador 75 years old. Its been 20 years or so. Her 19 yer old grand son just died 2 weeks ago (we had no idea)..  also her other grandson has been serving in the independence mission for the past 8 months so Lexi you probably know him! I forget his name.. haha sorry I'm awesome! anyways as we were all leaving to go to second hour I hear, "Jorgie" I turn around and its her. WHAT TEARS JUST FILLED MY EYES AS I TURN TO LOOK AT HER. I have literally passed by her house the past 2 weeks EVERYDAY and called her if not twice, once a day. she never answered. I don't know how to explain to you the way I feel for the children of God here in New Jersey.. from other countries but I wish I could describe HOW MUCH love I feel for these people.. just from barely knowing them. It made me think and wonder honestly how much love our Heavenly Father has for us.. I can not even begin to imagine.

a little update on the people from Eatontown
Sammy: Progressing! Reading the scriptures!
Alfonso: Received the Holy Ghost
Ricardo: Passes the sacrament, and has a CALLING! young men's second counselor
Sister Duke: Just doing amazing work down there. Seriously the BEST thing Eatontown could of gotten.

I really do love my mission. This has been the most humbling experience I have ever lived through. Speaking Spanish.. and STILL messing up even though I've been out for 15 months it continues to humble me. I am SO grateful for the opportunity to struggle and to grow. To learn and to progress. To serve and to LOVE. I LOVE everyone I talk with, everything I do, and most importantly I LOVE my Savior, and my sweet Heavenly Father above. They LIVE. They really do.


Enjoy your time together fam! send my love to the family in Wisconsin I really do miss them, I miss that place.. its been a long times since I've been there! The memories will forever remain.

I love you all. have a blessed week full of memories and FUN! write me letters hello? I'M STILL HERE ON THE MISSION!


love hermana Jorgensen   xoxx

No comments:

Post a Comment