Monday, August 25, 2014

Love My Companion

July 21,2014

emailing.. its like a love hate relationship. To this day I still don't know if I actually like it. haha BUT I'm doing it anyways! thank you all for the words love and encouragement, and the pictures that were "painted". I love all the little silly stories told, and the dumb commentary it really makes me feel like I am there sometimes! Ive been thinking of you all together visiting lexis mission and being in Wisconsin! OH HOW I CANT WAIT TO GO THERE.

.
So yes this week was amazing.  It obviously had its ups and downs. I hung out with Elder Welburn this Monday haha oh how fun it was.. like I don't know we played soccer for a while it was just good to catch up it feels nice to have someone you knew before  here! He has grown so much and matured so much its CRAZY! We had interviews with President that day and Sister Taggart! They are great! I walk in and they say (both of them) "We already love you because Emily just loves you!" haha I had a little hard time because I knew we were going to have interviews so I just reflected on the Jeppsons and WOW DO I MISS THEM. But it was a good interview. President Taggarts focus is DOING what Jesus would do. I love that. Actually ACTING as He does.

The other night we had a lesson with 2 of our investigators and an investigator of the elders. BYRON was there and Brian (the Dominican that makes all the inappropriate comments) well that lesson went well.  Byron was making every comment that was CORRECT and then Brian was there contradicting him and saying incorrect things.. I don't know how to explain it over the computer hahah lets just say that my companion and I were just praying the WHOLE TIME and we ended it quick because it was getting out of hand. We ended up walking home with Byron and it was pouring rain, and he hadn't eaten anything so I bought him pandebono (best thing in the world) and we were walking home.. he is SO SOLID oh my gosh. As we were walking home its getting closer to being 9:00 o clock and we were like 7 blocks away.. we had 5 minutes.. I had no idea what to do.. I'm training so my companion doesn't really know the importance of obedience yet, and Byron we just met him a little while ago we don't even know him really well. So I'm just walking (big strides to speed up the pace) and we have 4 minutes left and 7 blocks to go.. I turn around and say to Byron sorry its raining and its late and yeah WE HAVE TO RUN! we give him our umbrella and we just take off running!!! like BOOKING IT! soaked out of our minds running in skirts with purses and flats.. once again! home at 8:59 on our knees praying to start planning at 9:00... bravo we were home on time. I don't stand for disobedience.. Byron definitely thought we were psycho hahah We talked to him later and he thought we ran home because my dad was going to be mad if we were late.. hahahah we were like uhh yeah something like that! haha so FUNNY!

Well Friday came and we had another appointment with Byron and He had to move the appointment back.. to 7.. well at 7 I had to teach piano classes so my companion and I are calling everyone to do splits with us because we found this out as we were walking to the appointment! We found 3 people! My companion is literally the worlds greatest.. because that lesson we were planning to invite him to be baptized! Long story short I am teaching piano, we all end and she tells me he said he is going to be baptized august 10th.. and at some point in the lesson he was tearing up.. we walked home with him! he is perfect. AND MY COMPANION IS SERIOUSLY THE GREATEST. just like no fear. I love her.

Saturday we taught 7 lessons.. all on the street because no one loves us to have us over haha our team up Brian walked with us for 4 hours.. I LOVE HIM. 16 years old, baptized less than a year ago, only member in his family, goes to the temple monthly and go out with the missionaries daily. he literally is the greatest example ever.


Sunday. we literally walked 142 blocks.. we probably walk that much everyday but HOLY cow we walked SO MUCH. We went to church at 7:30 to have a meeting PEC 20 blocks, then we left to walk back 20 blocks to walk with Byron, and then returned to the church 20 blocks, then after church we all walked home.. 20 blocks.. then we went to bishops house.. 32 blocks there.. and 32 blocks back.. imagine that.. ay ay ay! Its good though because I need some exercise. Byron loved church.. Someone asked him what's impeding you to being baptized and he just said "knowledge"... WHAT?! anyways I'm not getting my hopes up or getting over excited for this child of God, because he still has to learn EVERYTHING. but just keep him in your prayers.  I have faith.

I really do love my mission. I have learned so much. I have truly come to love my Heavenly Father. He is so real. He really does just want what's best for us. I know that He lives. I love this Gospel. I literally LOVE this gospel.. I don't know how to describe my feelings.. I know it is true. We are truly blessed to be witnesses of Christ in these last days.

I love you.

love: Hermana Jorgensen xoxx




soccer! elder welburn and I



we made these "name tags" and gave them to our members "every member a mission"



 Hermana beltran at church... crying I love her. 




District bonding over food!



hermano calix. a great return missionary.. years ago  



No comments:

Post a Comment