Monday, February 10, 2014

Comparing dad to a boyfriend.

January 20,2014

 Its crazy here in Jersey that's for sure! Let me tell you in 1 day I ATE puerto rican food, Mexican food, and Arabian food! NONE SPEAK ENGLISH! how they survive here.. i have no idea!  I got a lot of packages and letters this week.. well actually not that many but from people i wasn't expecting! Stevo Montgomery gosh that just made my day! What a great letter. There is a great quote that me and my comp just loved. He said, " I'm trying to simply be worthy to receive the spirit, stay out of judgement, and live in joy." WHAT? THAT'S THE BEST THING IVE EVER HEARD! so simple so profound. typical stevo! Then a letter from Kendra bacon which was incredibly sweet of her, super short super sweet and just what i needed to hear! Dad all of your postcards.. its like hmm how do i put this. Whenever your boyfriend texts you something sweet and that you love to hear you just go back and re-read it, well one of dads letters was JUST LIKE THAT! I kept re-reading it although it was like something I've always heard like he loves me but it was just something i needed this week! YEAH I JUST COMPARED DAD TO A BOYFRIEND... hahaha okay! ANYWAYS! I got the nature box... THE BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO ME!  I DIED. best thing in the world.

This week what did I learn.. Well a lot of things! Every week something new. Every week I am humbled.. I am shown that I definitely am not a good missionary and need so much help! WOO.. HARD BUT GREAT. Can I just tell you of the miracle that we had this week. WE FOUND AN INVESTIGATOR WHO IS INTERESTED IN THE GOSPEL AND NOT US! I have been out almost 9 months.. half way.. i have never had an investigator before that has actually been interested in what the gospel has to offer them rather than what me and my companion look like or have to offer them.. That has been a complete struggle my whole mission. Everyone or anyone i teach hits on us.. its very uncomfortable and yeah we don't or i don't exactly know what to do.. BUT this investigator Ramon from Mexico, OAXACA! He actually seems sincerely interested and needs help. He is an orphan. He is 28 and we can tell he needs to feel love! His mom abandoned him at 5 years! Now he is here alone not able to speak English.. so pray for him that he will truly keep investigating in the church and not just us! HE IS OUR ONLY INVESTIGATOR! We had 3 last week but dropped 2 of them because they are CREEPY. Its really sad. It happens ALL THE TIME. I don't understand!

I went on an exchange this week! Wow it was good! It just shows me that like missionary work is the GREATEST thing in the whole world. Well although its hard it is worth it.  SISTER DANIELS AND I HAD 7 LESS ACTIVES AT CHURCH AND 1 INVESTIGATOR! Our zone leaders say we are together because we have the personalities to warm people up to a great image of the missionaries.. that's literally my purpose i feel like every where i go.. I  feel My Saviors love through you and through others! Tender Mercies all the time. As I was studying I came across the scripture in

D&C 64:33

"Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And of small things proceedeth that which is great."

WHAT?! Answer. to. my. prayers. God lives. HE LOVES AND IS AWARE OF US. i love you all. tell next week! xoxxx

Hermana Jorgensen






jersey shore! and my favorite member here ANGELICA!

Angelica's daughter Shirley! I LOVE THEM!

LAST WEEK.
1. That awkward moment when your playing soccer and you say your goodbyes to everyone and you walk outside in the POURING rain and find that you have a completely flat tire. So you sit there for 5 minutes thinking about what you should do and then everyone comes back outside. Everyone I said goodbye to has to change OUR flat tire cause we have no idea what were doing. SWEET.
2. January 6. El Dia de Los Reyes Magos. Mexican holiday when you get together as a family. And cut up this bread that's in an oval shape.... why? I don't know. Okay and guess what's inside. 3 baby jesus' Yes. I'm not kidding. And the 3 people who get them have to make tamales on the 2nd of Feb. Guess who got 2 out of the 3. Yup. Sister Daniels and I. WE'RE AWESOME! Ask me if I know how to make tamales? Mexican cooking for dummies? 
3. GOD IS AWESOME. Details. Saturday night, were in Asbury park. We visited one of the English sisters investigators because her mom doesn't speak any English! She's from Puerto Rico. Her bedroom is in her living room. So we are all awkwardly sitting on her bed. But while her mom was talking to me, her daughter kept translating for me. THANK YOU but i understand Spanish. haha that's why we came over! Then she has a friend visiting, who brought 2 babies and her daughter in law. So image all of us sitting on the bed, babies crying, English in one ear and Spanish in the other. WHAT? Pit bull in the other room scratching at the door. It was even weirder than I can explain, but just ponder on that for a moment. Then this white woman is just chattin away.... "girls you know you're in asbury park... it's not safe here." My comp says. Okay well "it's not safe for you either." Crazy woman. "I know, but I don't back down, I DON"T BACK DOWN." I'm on the other end of the bed, talking to our hope to be future investigator, Repentance is real ya know? Then I hear, " YEAH God is awesome." hahaha okay never would I use those 2 words in a sentence, but it's okay when you are sitting on a bed in the living room and enjoying 3 conversations.
WE'RE ALL GOD"S CHILDREN!
New jersey lovin.
Love. Hermana Jorgensen xoxx


No comments:

Post a Comment