Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A week in the life "of this missionary" :)

January 27, 2014

this week. here we go. Lets just say this mission is humbling, faith shaking, adventurous, exhausting, rewarding, heartache, happy, but most of all life changing.
Monday: faith shaking. WELL lets just say this day was the worst day on my mission thus far. One of my most scary moments as well. Last Monday was great, during the day. But me and my companion decided to drop in on less actives/inactives that didn't make it to church like they said they would. Well they have 2 sons, one is my age and the other is 16.. Everyone was home but only the son my age answered the door and was talking with us. We were talking about the Holy Ghost and he said that he had never felt the Holy Ghost really except one time when an elder told him in the church parking lot about the Holy Ghost and what it like feels like. He said he felt it there. Well he has never felt it again until one of his friends from Syria showed him these videos about Islamic beliefs. Well he pulls one out to show us.. like 4 minutes long. As he was showing us literally there was this dark feeling that entered the room. Well as the video is still going on his phone, his dad called him into his room to give him his dads phone. He was talking on the phone in front of us and some lady was like "what are you talking about with the sisters? "How long have they been there?" other things that we couldn't really pick up because it was in Spanish over a phone across the room.. but then he paused and pulled the phone away and said she wants to talk to one of you two.... WHAT?!!! So we end up talking to her, it ended up  being a member... she asked us what we were talking about.. how long we had been there and then told us to leave... it was really weird. So we left and as we were walking out I just felt SOOO UNSAFE. It was dark and our car was kind of parked in a sketchy alley.. we get in the car and head for home.. there is this UNREAL DARKNESS.. not gonna lie tears are rolling down my face.. my comp said a prayer.. We made it home and did everything to get the bad spirit or feeling away. We called the member after we left and asked her what happened and she just said come over tomorrow.. that was it.. sooo weird! My comp at this point is hysterically bawling.. lets just say our FAITH WAS TRIED. We started doubting everything.. like what if Jesus was just a prophet? or what if we are just being brain washed to believe the stuff we believe? or what if the Koran is the true "Bible"... We sang some hymns before we went to  bed and read the scriptures forever. SATAN IS REAL.

Tuesday: snow day. WELL snow day.. we stayed inside because it was BLIZZARDING AND COLD. but in the morning we still felt weird. We went to that members house and pretty much she told us that we weren't necessarily doing what was right just stopping in on them.. (well they don't answer our phone calls.. they juke our appts. and they don't come to church.. WHAT ON EARTH ELSE ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO?!! that was our only option.. ) But we still had this weird unreal feeling of doubting faith. I ended up crying when we were talking to her.. I'M A BABY. Don't ask me why! But we ended up meeting the Elders at the church and they gave us blessings. Instantly when the elders (18 year old boys... might I add) laid their hands on my head I cried and had an overwhelming sense of feeling that THE PRIESTHOOD AUTHORITY OF GOD IS REAL, AND IS ON THE EARTH TODAY.

Wednesday:  NOTHING SIGNIFICANT HAPPENED. I WAS A MISSIONARY TODAY.

Thursday: zone conference. Woo today was a good day. We had zone conference and it was SOOO GOOOD! President Jeppson.. He is literally chosen by God to be in charge of the missionaries here in NEW JERSEY!  President talked about how his vision for all of us missionaries is to "TRUST IN THE LORD". At first i thought YEAH. That's really good, how in the world do I get to that point. He said to Pray for it, study it and LIVE IT.  The best part was he talked about the MUST NEED KNOW of a testimony. When our faith is shaken just remember these 3 basic things and we can get through any trial. 1. God is our loving Heavenly Father. 2. Jesus Christ is the son of God, and the Savior of the world. 3. The first vision is real. God and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith in the sacred grove. He then moved on to the the NEED TO KNOW of a testimony. *Christ performed the infinite Atonement. *We have a living prophet. *The BOM is true. *The priesthood has been restored. *The church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints is the Lord's Kingdom on the earth. At the end of the meeting I had the opportunity to bear my testimony. BEARING TESTIMONY OF WHAT I KNOW TO BE TRUE.

Friday: hopes crushed. RAMON......well this would happen to me.. like always.. ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST. SIONARA RAMON! I called ramon Thursday night to set up an appointment for Friday.. In the phone call he says, "Hermanas. I'm sorry I can't see you anymore." I think about the worst thing possible, great he got antied.  He says. "I'm moving to NY." Mind you this is Thursday night. I said...." Okay well you should come play soccer tomorrow and maybe we can swing by for a minute to share a lesson before." Ramon. "No hermanas I'm leaving tomorrow. I have to be in NY at 1." COMO?!?;Friday morning we drive over to his apartment at 10 am, give him a book of mormon and wished him luck. Planting seeds... CLEARLY THAT'S MY CALLING.  PLANTING SEEDS.


Saturday: service & love. Service service service! woo we did service today! Nothing big but small enough that it made me feel good! It was bloody cold outside but we went to the church and stole..(we borrowed them commawn I'm a missionary) from the church snow shovels and went to some peoples houses and just SHOVELED SNOW... dead arms I tell you! Me and my comp wore her hunting hats HAHAH stoppp I know we are so funny! Service makes me SOOOO happy! Anyways to the love part. I TALKED TO HERMANA BRAVO TODAY ON THE PHONE. I called her.... I JUST DIED! I miss her SOOO much. Her family. I talked to them for like 30 minutes.. every time she just says when are you gonna come back and just tells me how I'm her favorite.. and how nothing is the same.. ahhh I just love her so much! we talked FOREVER! GOSH I LOVE THEM. I kind of feel bad that they were in the beginning and first of my mission because I promise you right now I will never love anyone more than them.. :) THE LOVE OF GOD IS REAL.

Sunday: baptism (not mine haha) spirit. overwhelming feeling of gratitude. WOOO HOOO baptism down here in south jersey shore! Lesder an 11 year old boy got baptized! It was so great to see someone be baptized! Keeps me pushing forward. As we were waiting for him to change my comp was playing the piano and we all were just waiting. Well there were these 2 girls Fatima (9) and Alice (10). I was talking to them and asking them about their baptism. They were talking about how cool it was because they could remember it (they are converts) The told me how Elders baptized them, and then asked me Who baptized me.. I said my Dad did :) They both said wow lucky.. I wish my dad could of..

I sat there and I just looked at the ground for a sec.. I started forming tears in my eyes.. of course.... and I looked up and looked at Fatima and she had tears in her eyes.. She said "Ya know my dad is a good guy.. he just likes to drink.. a lot.. everyday. But me and my mom and my sister have been praying that he will stop and 3 days ago he didn't drink as much as usual one day ... (tears are rolling down her cheek).. I sat there and really started just tearing up.. okay I was like crying at this point.. I said "you girls are great examples to your fathers, and VERY strong examples to me of faith. I know that one day your fathers will come to accept the gospel.. I asked them what they like about the church. And the 9 and 10 year old said I like that in this church that you learn things. That you can come and learn more about Jesus Christ and Heavenly Fathers plan for us. I said oh really what have you been learning in primary.. They said, "That families can be together forever"... Both of them started crying at this point too.. As I looked them in the eyes they told me how they keep praying and wish so very badly that their Dad's would come into the church so that they could be sealed with their family for ETERNITY... more things were said between us.. but then lesder came in and we had to continue with the baptismal program.. I was leading the last song and we sang "I am a Child of God" As I stood up there leading the music I looked down on those two girls who had just poured their life out on me.. at age 9 and 10.. then I look over at our AMAZING ward mission leader who is 24 who just got back from his mission like 6 months ago who is THEE ONLY MEMBER in his family.. At the verse that says " ... has given me and earthly home, with parents kind and dear.." I look over and he has tears rolling down his face.. so what happens to me? CRYING.. NOT SHOCKED I AM CRYING IN FRONT OF 40 SOME PEOPLE AT A BAPTISM TRYING TO LEAD THE MUSIC BUT I COULDN'T. my eyes have been opened. my heart has been filled. and my love for my Heavenly Father increased. I am beyond grateful for wonderful worthy parents of this gospel. For a father that HONORS his Priesthood and treats me so well. MY LOVE FOR MY HEAVENLY FATHER IS ENDLESS.

SATAN IS REAL. THE PRIESTHOOD AUTHORITY OF GOD IS REAL, AND it IS ON THE EARTH TODAY.I WAS A MISSIONARY TODAY. BEARING TESTIMONY OF WHAT I KNOW TO BE TRUE.PLANTING SEEDS. THE LOVE OF GOD IS REAL. MY LOVE FOR MY HEAVENLY FATHER IS ENDLESS.

this is HIS church. I am humbled by this work daily. I love the Gospel with every fiber in my being.

love. Hermana Jorgensen! xoxx

ps. played come thou fount and sang with a guitar in a lesson for this less active family.. super nervous but it happened!! woo hooo  

1.   ramon 2. service 3. lesder the one who got baptized!

2.     1. santamarias! 2. Belmar new jersey







2.     1. santamarias! 2. Belmar new jersey




No comments:

Post a Comment